How do you detect dark dex?

it still works tho, it can detect stuff in CoreGui

1 Like

Delete this post before it gets patched lmao, anyway you can’t use this in real games it would break everything, you have to use other methods. Also they can just break the connection to game.DescendantAdded lol

1 Like

has anyone tried GC Dex Detection [OP] {Improvised}? found it while looking at posts

this doesn’t work well, as roblox makes frames and descendants in coregui

What about if you have a table which contains every UI / UX in said game, and a local script that detects when a interface is added to the PlayerGui and compare said UI to the tables contents.

You could also have an attribute used as an “verification key” which can be a randomly generated string, and compare if said UI has an attribute named “key” and if the value is the same.

And for newly created instances, you can add said instance to the table with a key, hell same could even be done with scripts.

You’re not going to stop anyone with this btw. Not only is this a terrible way of trying to stop a client sided exploit, but any exploiter who knows what they’re doing is going to be able to bypass it with even a simple anti-kick or remote spy.

This post is a good read for things like this.

1 Like

But it’ll probably be patched soon by both Roblox and Dark Dex

I wish people would start listening and stop thinking they found a “miracle way” to detect Dark Dex. It’s NOT POSSIBLE STOP TRYING.

1 Like

wdym my script detects dex (another script)

All it takes is one mildly competent exploiter to bypass your anti-cheat and spread their script like the plague. There’s no patch for dex.

2 Likes

Hi Stan, btw that’s an understatement not only does this not work well it will break all games it’s stupid to even suggest adding this to games lmao.

1 Like

atleast he found a way to read coregui i guess

Actually he didn’t at all you can’t read it you can only connect to its events. There was a way you can read it called a recursive “FindFirstChild” this method worked flawlessly and was perfect but people like him leaked it to everyone and got it patched.

1 Like

Due to the backlash, I have withdrawn the original post along with the script. I guess I should’ve never sent it.

1 Like

I don’t know if you know this but dark dex creates a model in replicated storage when the user tries to save the place however they will still be able to store the place even if they are kicked but they would be banned (you have to make the ban function).

There is no patch for Dex, wrong. There is a perfect server-sided way to detect Dex, which I won’t disclose. Also a client-sided method, but it is bypassable by disabling the script. Dex will keep releasing updates, so you have to be aware. Don’t celebrate if you manage to create an anti dex. The server-sided method however is very hacky and will be probably patched by Roblox.

I highly doubt there exists a server-sided miracle solution to a client-sided exploit. There’s nothing that can definitively patch a UI exploit like dex. Just won’t happen.

3 Likes

Dex’s on the Client

• Doesn’t it use syn.protect_gui
  • How would you get Dex from the server? :joy:
3 Likes

an unreasonable way but also pretty tight way is to kick for any foreign objects, so have a script with object names that are in the local players game, and manually name all the ones that are allowed, if an object that is added isn’t allowed, kick for it. It would take a ton of work depending on the size of the game though. Theres probably ways to shorten it but i feel like this would be really really strong

1 Like

It works from a clientside replication to the server. syn.protect_gui is bypassable. I made it so the clientside script cannot be deleted and the player will be kicked if they delete.

that’s why you create private scripts that you will NEVER release on the devforum, and if you do instantly patched by Roblox themselves.

2 Likes