How do you detect dark dex?

GetHui is possible to block but currently pretty sure no one has managed to do it.

I’m convinced you have no idea what dex is at all, non of its properties replicate to the server, especially protected ones. GG tho

2 Likes

Depends on the exploit running gethui:

Script ware - detectable
Krnl - not detectable
Synapse - not detectable

All others are probably skidded cheats so I’m guessing they would be detected.

1 Like

if your an advanced scripter (like really advanced) you may find something able to patch like acouple others (it is possible do not say it isnt its been done but roblox themselves ends up patching it for no reason (maybe because its getting past there coregui lock) )

You understood me wrong here. A localscript replicates Dex’s action to the server.

Did not know KRNL used gethui. Everything is patchable like @dfgfdgfdsyhdgfyh said.

So then the detection is in the client because it uses the local script to replicate the changes it’s just the actions are done on the server.

Yes indeed, but the serverside takes care that nothing happens to the localscript which essentially makes it “non-bypassable”.

They can just catch the local script that replicates the properties and disable the connection and delete it.

1 Like

just log what it send and keep sending it as if everything was ok and disable the script localy

Actually no, AncestryChanged still keeps detecting this.

You realize exploiters can just halt a localscript’s thread without using .Disabled or destroying it, and that they can edit a localscript’s code? If they really wanted to, they can even prevent server-to-client or client-to-server replication.

1 Like

The “information” some people are giving in this thread is absolutely abysmal.

There is NO reliable, one-size-fits-all way to detect Dex, or any client-only exploit for that matter. Or, atleast there’s no known way to bypass Roblox’s security context system, preventing localscripts from accessing the CoreGui in the first place, or even referencing it.

Exploiters have full access to their client, meaning they can disable replication of things, edit a scripts variables, edit a script itself, completely halt a script’s execution without destroying it or using .Disabled, and a myriad of other things.

4 Likes

Okay, true. Nothing is perfect. I am trying to get around this but it’s gonna be hard.

Awhile ago, one known developer (name will not be disclosed) found a way to detect Dark Dex and any injections through very specific memory usage value, something insane like 0.00000017 MB or so. This led the exploit team to try and figure out what was causing their software being detected 99% of the time for months.

This scenario shows how insanely difficult it can be for detecting Dark Dex, as well as patching it. Dark Dex, is in fact, created by developers who are also well-knowledged in anti-cheats; so basically, they could be anyone in this thread.

There isn’t going to be a universal way to detect exploit software, since the exploit developers can just bypass anti-cheats eventually. That’s why it is crucial for developers to develop and maintain their own anti-cheat methods based on their game’s framework. That’s why companies hire cyber security experts; it’s a job that maintains security of the company’s work.

5 Likes

Get connections —> disable ancestry changed connection.

4 Likes

Ok, good point here. Didn’t realize that. I’ll need to work around that then.

Memory detection systems are usually not recommended.

2 Likes

This thread is still going? Hasn’t it been said many times before, you can’t patch it even if you try to manipulate CoreGui, the exploiter legit just has to run syn.protect_gui and you’re gone.

Instead, use your time protecting your remote events and implementing sanity checks.

5 Likes

Yeah, people just want anti-cheats that detect these things so they don’t have to worry about poorly protected events

1 Like