How do you make a spotlight lighting effect?

Hello developers, I am trying to make a spotlight for a showcase game but I cant quite seem to get it right does anyone know how to make a spotlight look like this photo?

yes its the 5th Annual Bloxy Awards Theater

The surface light or point light doesn’t quite seem to have the glare or shape that it does in the photo.

As of now I tried using point lights and surface lights but it doesn’t quite seen to have the effect.

7 Likes

They use beams with transparent images. As of now, you aren’t able to get those same effects with usual point lights and surface lights.

4 Likes

Ah thanks for the help I really appreciate it!

2 Likes

Here is another thread that may or might not help.

2 Likes

Alright thanks I’ll go check it out right now! :+1:

2 Likes

But yeah! I believe an easy way to achieve the lighting you want is to use particle emitters.
Here’s another thread that would help!

1 Like

Yeah I’m gonna check out both threads thank you so much!

2 Likes

Here’s another lol.

1 Like

Hey,

I love to use beams for spotlights. They’re always giving it a nice effect and they look realistic! I always use this one for spotlights. rbxassetid://378740753 You have to paste it into the Texture and it will be perfect. You can then change the texture speed to like 0.5 and the transparency to maybe 0.6, the light influence to 1 and it’ll look great!

I hope this helped you!

• Cheerful
9 Likes

Thanks it was exactly what I was going for! Thank you so much! :+1:

3 Likes

No problem mate, I had this already written this is my 3rd time sending it. I just love to help people.

2 Likes

Yeah it looks and works really good you seem like an amazing builder! Cheers mate!

3 Likes