How do you make thumbnail's for your Game?

Just looking at the front page of Roblox and there’s a bunch of cool thumbnails, and while scrolling I was wondering how do you make these thumbnails. Do you use a site or install an app to make one? I’m not sure if this is a stupid question, especially in the devform where lots of experts are here asking complicated questions. I am still learning scripting, building, etc and I’m still kinda a beginner.

2 Likes

In paint(dot)net and pixlr.com also photopea.com

1 Like

I make most my thumbnails and icons in paint.net and use FireAlpaca for tablet drawings

It’s a step process, but here’s what I do:

• I use Roblox Studio and Blender to create my render, sometimes lighting goes wrong.
  • I go on mobile, use discord on PC to paste my render, then go to Pixomatic to edit my thumbnail.

Even though that’s quick, that’s how I make my YouTube thumbnails.

‘Photoshop’ is a program, that’ll let you create most of the designs that are made or created however, it isn’t free it’ll take time and patience for creating high quality "thumbnails’ I’ll (strive for free programs since they can produce similar looks); whether it’s made in a paid option or free software/programs.

Thumbnails are created in a variety of different programs when learning it’s not something that’ll come overnight you’ll need to learn for yourself and research different ways to create more advanced designs. I’ll try looking into 'gimp, photopea, Inkscape paint net, which are free for creating thumbnails and high quality work you can make thumbnails in either program.

You should check out existing threads since it’s already been brought up before:

I use Gimp for all my art. Because I am not an artist so I do it solo
But sometimes if I need help I will ask my classmate whl is good at art. He got 9/10 for art test while everyone else got 4-6 I had told him to join this community but he refuses. :confused:

You use Blender and photoshop.
Preferably you should hire someone else to do it because learning can become a pain. For like 3000 robux you can hire someone to make you a really valuable ad.