How do you set the dictionary values of a module script?

I want to have a module with the name of the player I want linked to a number that has some other purpose but I don’t know how to set the first values in the dictionary.
For example I have:
local module = require(game.ReplicatedStorage.ModuleScript) (Has no values inside at all yet)
GamerGodPro = 200 (This is in my server script)

I now want to make a dictionary with all the players that had a number linked to them and set that number to the player. Can someone tell me how to do this?

Since a module script is often essentially a table, it can be mutated and it will “sync” to all other references to the table.

local module = requrire(path.to.module)
module.GamerGodPro = 200

Then from a second script, you can access it:

local module = require(path.to.module)
print(module.GamerGodPro) --> 200
1 Like

I think I understand by why is it path.to.module? Any specific reason for that?

That’s just wherever your module is located, in your case it would be ReplicatedStorage.ModuleScript

Oh thanks for clearing that up.

1 Like

Also with this . What if I am not able to simply put the name as a string . Can I do this?
local module = require(path.to.module)
module.Player.Name = 200

Close, in this case it would be module[Player.Name] = 200. We want to use square brackets to create an index when we don’t know what the index is when we’re writing our code.

Essentially, it’s the equivalent of doing

local name = 'PlayerName'
module[name] = 200 --> same as doing module.PlayerName = 200
1 Like

Would I now be able to run the module script through a for i,v loop where i = name and v = number value?

Yep, you would want to use pairs for that.

local module = require(path)
for i,v in pairs(module) do
    print(i,v)
end
1 Like

Thanks for the help . I will use this once roblox decides it wants to work again.

1 Like

Never mind, I see you made this thread twice.