How does roblox choose games to feature them on front page?

Hello :wave:

Recently, I have been trying to figure out how and why Roblox chooses certain games to be on the “Simulator” section, “Tycoon” section, and the “Up-and-Coming” section, etc.
I have been playing a bunch of these roleplay games, tycoons, and obby games and many of them seem to be low quality, while others seem to be insane quality. I am trying to figure out how and why Roblox will choose certain games to feature. Does anyone have any ideas?

Here is a good example, what is this “Escape Bouncy Inflatable Obby!” doing in this section? I feel like there are so many really well made smaller games out there that could replace these to be completely honest.

2 Likes

Im guessing its based on Advertisements that game devs pay for (for their own games) and the amount of current players.

1 Like

So if I put 1M robux into the game, would I be on there? i’m just trying to figure out how to get my games on there to be completely honest.

Uh, i wouldnt count on it. Especially fgor 1 Million robux because that can go somewhere else but im guessing there would be a chance, but if you’re getting 0 - near no players i dont think it would go up there, you would need a decent rating (likes and follows) as well as a good amount of players who are actually playing and yes, the 1M will defenitely help A TON but again, I wouldn’t count on it.

1 Like

Yeah, and that is exactly what I am confused about. I, personally, get around 50-200 players congruent on my games every single day, I have a decent like ratio, and a lot of people that really like my games. Meanwhile, my friend, he makes tycoons, and nearly every time he release’s one of them, they get put up there and he makes a ton of money! I’m just so confused, I really hope someone knows the algorithm on how to get up there or something because him and I use the exact same marketing strategies and stuff.

1 Like

If there was an algorithm im sure roblox wouldn’t release it for the public because that would ruin a lot of things for them. I guess you have to just make games that people are attracted to? Like for exmaple a unique game with cool mechaniques would last longer than a repetive game where all you do is just walk in circles. (im not targeting anybody its an example)

1 Like

Yea, I mean Roblox definitely shouldn’t tell us how they choose, but they could do something similar to the “Play Together” section where people could apply or something. Just somehow a way for Roblox to simply just check my games out in some way.

2 Likes

Yeah that would be great. I’d love that too!

1 Like

Does anyone have any ideas on how roblox chooses? Anything could help no joke.

I don’t think this should be in the ‘Cool Creations’ category. It should be in the ‘Discussion’ category.

1 Like

I would but It doesn’t let me post there.

1 Like

Roblox chooses games on the recommended section and other ones based on what type of games you have played and maybe liked and a certain genre you play often, like adventure or horror.

Currently, people are still complaining about some of these sections as most of the games that you never played before or they slap it in front of you. :eyes:

It’s likely because the whole thing isn’t really done and they are still testing it out with bugs and numerous things to fix as people in the new announcement have pointed out.

Anyway, the main answer has to be what type of games you play with the theme, genre, and favorites/liked games.

Announcement thread for some information.

1 Like

As I understand your point, I am not talking about the “Recommended for you” section, I’m talking about each different section if you scroll down a lot. Here are the sections that I am talking about:

I understand that this entire thing is a brand new feature, but, they are adding and removing games a lot from this section, and my main question was how would I get roblox to notice my tycoon games, or roleplay game, then put it under the section.

I believe it depends on how much advertisement was put into the game. I also believe it depends on how much rates it has as well.

2 Likes

:+1: Okay, i’ve heard that a lot, I think that is most likely the case.

1 Like

Please follow the guidelines when posting: About the Creations Feedback category.