How does this map look? (Oasis v0.1.3)

Hi

Oasis is a prison game I’ve been working on for a few years but recently resumed aswell as restarted the map

Update 1 (Lighting change)

Enjoy and please be critical with the feedback

I just want to say that it took me a really long time to be satisfied with the maps I’ve been attempting to create, I watched countless videos and read so many post about creating huge maps but I finally found a few techniques and plugins to help me. With that being said this is less than 2 months worth of work. I may or may not make a post later about all the helpful techniques I’ve used when making this map depending if requested.

Here is the previous map that was 5x smaller and took way… more time

(disclaimer - it is the same game so there’re some shared assets presented in both these post)

7 Likes

This looks awesome good job
9/10

1 Like

There’s not much to criticize here, it looks really awesome, I love really huge maps. That really looks cool

Edit : I didn’t want to mention it before, but the other comments are right, the lightning is a little bit too bright and it feels weird, don’t make it too dark tho.

1 Like

looks pretty mad city

the lighting could be better tho its too bright for my taste

2 Likes

Lighting looks too blue and oversaturated imo, you can tell because the clouds near the horizon line are completely blown out. The fog is very thick and its hard to see things in the distance. This might be the main issue with the map being so blue, so I think you might want to turn it down. Also change the color of the fog because along with it being too blue, it doesn’t make a lot of since that the sunlight is yellow with the way light scattering works.

I do like the style of the map and the build. You’ve done a great job, you just need to make a few adjustments to the lighting to really make it pop.

4 Likes

Amazing Work !
Make sure you do develop on the ground level the same way you did for the buildings cause the players are mostly on the ground level and the view from that also should be pleasing

Dont forget to maintain the map size , if it very large at the beginning then it could cause some issues for younger players
And make sure to stick to a certain color palette as you are doing now !

( how about adding birds and cartoon clouds :partly_sunny:)

Clean and simple map fs amazing skills bro :ok_hand: looking forward
Keep posting the updates

will be eagerly waiting

Have A Happy Deving !!!
~Astro

1 Like

Thank you so much! There is still a lot more to be added to the ground level, I’m just waiting on the programmer to script them for vehicles and stuff.

1 Like

Well I don’t think you understand the perception of the map because the size is huge. therefore the “fog” (atmosphere) is visible. but thanks I’ll consider your opinion

Perfect, that’s what I was going for! Not joking but… I will lower it because if you’re complaining others will too, thanks!

Yeah you didn’t have to mention it because everyone else did but thanks!

That’s acceptable, but how can I make it a 10?

Im not a fan of this not gonna lie

now that youve said it i do notice the shadow cutoff on the 5th photo and am just now realizing the sheer scale of the map. what level do you have your graphics set to tho?

the graphics are set to the max