How important would you say it is to multithread your game?

It seems to add extra complexity I’m not sure is worth it. Roblox already internally multithreads physics, networking, pathfinding, etc, so the choice seems to depend on how much of the 16ms frametime my code will use, and I don’t know what’s typical since I’ve never made a game. If it was <5ms then it’s probably not worth worrying about? But is that a realistic expectation for a full game? What do you think?

Then we have the fact that Roblox only gives you 1 thread for <20 player servers, 2 threads for 20-30, 3 for 30-50, 4 for 50-99, 5 for 100, and 9 threads for 700. So if you’ve made a 20 player or 30 player game, multithreading is completely pointless. I’m aiming for 100 though.

If you have a computer intensive system that have a lot of things repeat the same work then you should add multithread, this apply on client and server. Multithread on client utilize plr CPU cores better and will make your code faster in general the more core they have because it split works to each core. Tho I dont have much experience multithread on server but I think its still worth it if you have system like above.