How may I reduce client memory usage?

Greetings,

My game is consuming about 1500MB of client memory on average. I really need to try and reduce this amount to the lowest as possible. The game is fast-paced, so there are plenty of events (I mean bindable and remote events). I have to mention that my game is GUI-based only and it is a singleplayer game, so there is no player interaction or part usage at all times, except for some occasional player checking (such as checking player statistics done by a staff member). Please help me with my issue!

3 Likes

This probably isn’t a scripting question, events won’t take up much memory. You probably want to reduce ReplicatedStorage and ReplicatedFirst since those are permanently taking up space (on client and server). If it’s just a GUI game sounds like reducing texture sizes is you’re main option, and not just compressing them since they are de-compressed into ram.

The developer console (F9) can give you memory hints.

Keep in mind testing memory in studio is not indicative of a published game, studio counts it’s own massive memory footprint as well as your games.

2 Likes

I mean the game is based on a ton of events, so getting rid of even one of them would break some important features. I haven’t used textures in my game yet, the gameplay doesn’t require one yet. Since the game is in an early stage I haven’t focused on the designing part so there are no animations or textures that can create this huge memory usage, I only focused on the gameplay core to work.

Here are some stuff you can do:

• fuse some scripts into one
  • remove loops and replace them using something else (or fuse loops)
  • make some sort of max events that can be fired in a minute
3 Likes

Yep, thanks a lot! I was testing in the studio and I got worried about this. I have joined the game from the website and it is 300-400MB. I want to thank you a lot, I really didn’t know about this.

2 Likes