How to animate a star glitcher? I want to try and make one for my game from scratch

So, i’ve been kinda interested in the concept of star glitchers, and i’ve gotten a lot better at scripting, but i just dont know how to animate something without the use of Animation Tracks, and this won’t be for an exploit, but just something i wanna make for one of my games for the fun of it.

For those who don’t know what a star glitcher is, i can say its various different modes with names, abilities, songs, animations and effects that you change by pressing certain keys in your keyboard.

Now i did look into the script of one of them, i couldn’t find much about maths or welds, but i did find a small section of code where it was extremely complicated and had lots maths and such, but it was the only part of the code with the a high usage of maths. If anyone can give me example of how to animate things like this, please, it would be really helpful.

1 Like

Hello there, do you have any solutions or not?

Kinda regret posting this topic now, its just that barely exists any people who know this kind of stuff, because its so overwhelming difficult to understand.

Update: I tried using normal welds, and they seem to work, ill try to make a code that converts Animation Tracks into different weld tweens that change position and orientation.

why not just use animationtracks? it’d be so much simpler.
theres this it changes animationtracks into calculated animations but limbs can fall off, its laggy so idk

I dont want to use animation tracks because i wanna try to challenge myself for once.

then you should use trigonometry to calculate where the limbs should be and loop teleport them to that location

I’ve dived into the code of an open source star glitcher game before and was also overhwlemed by all that. The answer is to be really really good with cframes (I think)although I believe it’s like that for exploits so I don’t see a reason you can’t just use an animation tool like moon.

Ill make this post as a solution since this topic got a spam warning.

This will be the last reply of this topic, as to say that i’ve discovered (i think) on how to animate a Star Glitcher, i looked more in depth into the code and they seem to use Motor6Ds that are in the character, then changing the C0 or C1.

Unfortunately i can’t show the video of the progress as its too big and i just don’t trust Cloud Service Providers.

More animations will be added into the future, like walking, idle, jumping.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.