How to animate Tool Parts (Guns, Knifes etc.)

Idle animations worked for my tool using this method, but with the hit animation, it also worked but the BodyAttach did not rotate or move like I moved it in the animator. How do I fix that?

I followed everything in the tutorial.

never mind it was because the animation priority was not high enough

Overall so far I have gotten the animations to work themselves quite well, but I am a horrible lua scripter so I cant make weapons function all that well. I have gotten the animations to work with the weapon and make them play correctly however.

Not sure if you solved your issue or not, but it honestly looks like a issue that i went through initially with the scripted welding to character. Perhaps you are making the unweld effect all users using that specifc weapon?

I’m having a problem where if a character switches weapons his character stops for a few seconds. It is not caused by any script.

Any know how to animate the running with the tool equipped?

The different animation priorities

has anyone gotten this to work with other torsos like man or boy torso and not just the default r15 torso?

I’ve used this page many times to animate tools, and its really fun and cool but, just today as I was animating a weapon, for some reason the tool/gun could be animated fine using animation editer but wouldnt play in game and just instead spam Failed To Load Animation Id - Sanitized id errors, How can I fix it?
Heres some images to help
huh 3

and heres my code

script.Parent.Equipped:Connect(function()
if script.Parent.GripLol:FindFirstChild(“ToolGrip”) then
else
local weld = Instance.new(“Motor6D”,script.Parent.GripLol)
weld.Name = “ToolGrip”
weld.Part1 = script.Parent.GripLol
weld.Part0 = script.Parent.Parent.RightHand
weld.C0 = script.Parent.Value.Value
end
end)

1 Like

Oh and, the “GripLol” part is the body attach part

1 Like

How did you even make the animations so good?

I’m having the same problem, no errors but when I equip the tool it’s in the workspace. Are we meant to manually set it’s position to the player’s hand? (I’m pretty new to tool stuff)

Amazing tutorial!

How can I integrate this into an fps framework? Similar to your game, like when you go in first person the hands and gun follow your camera around.

Can you share how you did it? I’m having the same problem.

Does it work with the fe gun kit?

I have the motor6ds under bodyattach, I am using moon animator, they do not appear under body attach.

i did something like this which replicates to the server

client

local Player = game.Players.LocalPlayer
local Mouse = Player:GetMouse()
local TargetCFrame

script.Parent:WaitForChild("Torso")

Mouse.Move:Connect(function()
	if game.Players.LocalPlayer.Name == script.Parent.Name then
		local Torso = Player.Character:WaitForChild("Torso")

local RightShoulder = Torso:WaitForChild("Right Shoulder")
		local LeftShoulder = Torso:WaitForChild("Left Shoulder")

TargetCFrame = CFrame.new(-1, .5, 0) * CFrame.Angles(-math.asin((Mouse.Origin.p - Mouse.Hit.p).Unit.y), -1.55, LeftShoulder.C0.Rotation.Z)
		script.RemoteEvent:FireServer(TargetCFrame,LeftShoulder)

TargetCFrame = CFrame.new(1, .5, 0) * CFrame.Angles(-math.asin((Mouse.Origin.p - Mouse.Hit.p).Unit.y), 1.55, RightShoulder.C0.Rotation.Z)
		script.RemoteEvent:FireServer(TargetCFrame,RightShoulder)

end
end)

server

script.Parent.RemoteEvent.OnServerEvent:Connect(function(player,cfrrr,weld)
	local t = game.TweenService:Create(weld,TweenInfo.new(.3),{C0 = cfrrr})
	t:Play()
end)

may be ineffcient

Hey, have you come up with a solution to this? Still having this problem and besides the hacky way of doing it (making it transparent for a split second), I cant seem to find any ideal way to fix this.

This thread has almost saved my life. However, my only issue is that tool (in my case a phone) only appears in my hand after changing the BodyAttach name to Handle and the animation I intended for the phone itself doesn’t play, only the arm does. HELP

I have since found a more accurate description of my issue… this
the phone seems to be lodged in my right triceps and not in my hand

Why is that I can reference my Right Arm? And why is my animation code not working?

Output

Right Arm Issue

Animation error