How to become regular?

Despite being an nice, active DevForum user for over one year and having a high read time and a high number of messages, I was never promoted to regular member…

How can I get promoted? Do I need to make a special request to an admin or something like that?

(I REALLY want to be able to write messages in the Bug Reports and Engine Features categories)

1 Like

You can’t become a regular anymore, since the DevForum post-approval program for regular rank ended in 2020. At this time any members can’t post anything on restricted categories.

2 Likes

At this time any members can’t post anything on restricted categories.

Then how do you explain new topics were created in these restricted categories only a few minutes ago?

Anyways, it’s really dumb to make Bug Reports and Feature Requests restricted.
I can understand a little bit for Bug Reports because there might me spam…
But for Feature Requests, why???

1 Like

Regular promos closed in sep of 2020, so there’s sadly no way for you to get promoted unless it’s a special case, which is extremely rare.

2 Likes

Same reason. Spam.

Members can flag their own post and ask DET to move their post to #bug-reports . They cannot create a bug report topic directly though.

2 Likes

I never tried it, but I’m pretty sure they just remove it and tell you to never go that again

1 Like

No actually. I tried it. And it worked.

Have you ever wondered how I managed to get this post into #bug-reports ?

1 Like

I dont read that much, so I never saw it.

2 Likes

Does it also works for non-regular members like me?

I’m a non-regular and it worked. But I’m not positive that its allowed.

If you want to try it though, then make a bulletin board post that contains the bug report.

Then immediately flag the post with the reason “Something else” and type this in:

3 Likes

Wrong category this should be in #forum-help, secondly ever since Post Approval was removed the Regular rank was paused, thirdly what’s the use of promotion to Regular? You want to report bugs?

However I believe this is a little inconsistent just follow the proper format in making a bug report and use @Bug-Support or report bugs to www.roblox.com/support if you truly want to report bugs, and another thing. Their only advantage why people wanted this rank is either as usual to show off, or use the Regular-rank #lounge category, however if this is another one that you desire to use #lounge just use Discord or other chatting communities instead.

This is wrong, even despite being a nice active Devforum with 1,000,000 likes if Promotions are halted then there is literally no way to get Regular, and another thing despite you had that you will never be a Regular because this does not give you the proper criteria or requirements to be Regular, now ever since they closed Post Approval, removed Top Contributor, I’m not even sure if they will remove the Developer Forum’s Regular rank.

1 Like

You can no longer directly post in #forum-help. This is in #forum-help:forum-features but it probably should be in #forum-help:forum-questions .

That was answered in the very first reply.

That’s how Members are supposed to do it, yes. I was simply providing a way to get a topic in #bug-reports . Once again, I’m not sure if it’s allowed, but I was simply giving the OP what he asked for.

Could you be a bit less harsh?

Your reply came out a bit harsh…

2 Likes

This is what I meant to be specific, thank you for making it clear.

If you’re not sure, then I believe you should not do it, however I’m not entirely sure as well if that is allowed, but it’s clogging the flagging system with requests for posts moderation if everyone keeps on uploading this and flagging it, I should just report it to use @Bug-Support, with the correctly formatting because that’s really made for bug reports, post flagging is originally made for moderation however if everyone keep on posting and abusing flags to report bugs this will take it awhile for moderators to remove posts or moderate posts that require some moderation, because people are doubling DET’s work rather than uploading it in @Bug-Support which is truly used for Bug Reports

This is not being “harsh” this is the truth, and no one could actually get promoted with the Developer Forum’s statistics now I believe the only other way to get Regular is becoming and Roblox accepting you to be a part of the @Event_Organizers, otherwise there is no other way top actually get Regular

The truth can be harsh sometimes my guy.

Agreed. The best alternative would be to message @Bug-Support .