How to code with ROWEB

For the past week I have been working on Roblox’s FIRST search engine. Currently, the engine only has the ability to search for others sites. You might be thinking if making a website would be pretty simple with just inserting gui’s an- NOPE. Josh Engine using CODE to make websites. The code is somewhat like html but a lot simpler with only a few key words and easy to understand. The language is called ROWEB (It stands for nothing I just asked my chat on stream what I should call it and someone said ROWEB.)

Anyways, this is under tutorials so I will show you how to code with ROWEB! To start, type create into the search bar to get started.

TAGS

To make a title you simply put “t” inside of <> like html.
(using html in the post will disappear for some reason so this is the best I can do)
To make a description text, use “ds” inside of <>
To make a header text, use “h1” inside of <>
To make an image, use “img” inside of <> then put your image id FROM STUDIO after it, with an ending tag (scroll down)

After you put your starting tag, you put your text (ex. < t > example text) Dont put spaces before or after the t, ROWEB is case sensitive.

Colors!

After you starting tag, you need to end with a color tag. Here are the tag names

< ye > - yellow
< bl > blue
< re > red
< pu > purple
< g1 > green
< g2 > grey
< wh > white

–Image Sizes–

< 1 > - largest
< 2 > - Second largest
< 3 > - Sky scraper
< 4 > - Second smallest
< 5 > - smallest

These are currently the only available colors. A title text using the color red should look like this:

< t > This is an example text < re >
then click add at the bottom of your screen.
You can delete a line of code by just clicking it.

Formatting

To place down a text, after you click the “add” button under the command line, a text the size of your beginning tag will attach to you mouse and then hover you mouse over the point you want you text to be then click the button Q on your keyboard to place it. To publish your site, just press the publish button, name your site, and click the done button. (This might take a while depending on how much code you have)

DISCLAMER: DO NOT PUT A ` SYMBOL INSIDE ANY OF YOUR TEXTS OR WEB NAMES AS THIS WILL BREAK YOUR SITE

Game link: Josh Engine - Roblox

Here is a video
robloxapp-20220413-1710485.wmv (114.7 KB)
robloxapp-20220413-1711454.wmv (294.5 KB)
robloxapp-20220413-1712507.wmv (239.8 KB)

4 Likes

Cool! It seems like a fun idea but I am a little confused because I don’t script a lot (or I am stupid) therefore, I don’t have the best understanding.

It seems like you put a lot of work into this so great job!

3 Likes

WOW! I love it! Great job working on this, I just made my first website, it looks amazing!

You should definitely get an award for this. :wink:

2 Likes

It’s great! It’s just hard placing content properly…

Yeah that been a issue I can’t fix… once you get the hang of it it will work fine. Just a little over and down