How to contact a Youtuber (to suggest him to play your game)?

Hi! The title says it all. If they don’t have Discord, what should I do? I can’t really DM them over Twitter, there is no DM option, when the Youtuber is not following me. They most likely won’t read Youtube comments. Thank you!

2 Likes

Usually youtubers flock to games naturally. Popular games with more exposure will attract them. If you’re super desperate, look for their work emails.

3 Likes

Well, if you have a known friend like a Developer or something you should try asking him/her for some help, if he’s/she’s known, she will most likley be able to get in contact with the YouTuber.

1 Like

That’s the first part though, YouTubers look at games as content, a good game is good content.

1 Like

All I know the best way for you to get recognition from YouTubers, is if your game is really high quality and a good amount of player counts and minimum amount of bugs, a YouTuber might notice that hard work and will play it. YouTubers like to go where a certain game genre or game in general is popular so they can get the most views at it. So I would just keep updating the game advertise and sponsor so more people are attracted to your game and your set. I feel like if you just try to get in contact with them they won’t know who you are and think you are just those “fans” so you should get a good reputation up and you should be good.

7 Likes

Well the problem is, that I would give him Admin to troll a bit and stuff, you know but he can’t do much without players actually playing my game, but that’s why I want a youtuber to play it, to get players, lol. He will be the only player in the game, which will be pretty boring and he doesn’t want that, I guess.

Suggest you get your game a bit known atleast, so he has content.

2 Likes

I think it’s best to do it the reverse way of what you just said because a YouTuber, (If interested) will go to you instead. I think you should focus more on the players and not the content creators. Content Creators are a boost but you need to stack up on your own fan base first.

4 Likes

Quick question, what type of game are you looking for them to find?

2 Likes

You are right, but that’s why I want a Youtuber to play it, to get players and to get the ball rolling, people will join my game because their friends are playing it etc.

I thought I could just find a Youtuber to play my game and then I would not have to advertise it that much.

My game is a Cafe game.

30chars

Ok, thank you. Do you know where these work-emails are usually? At the channel description on Youtube?

First you would want the game to have a small fan base or community who like the game for what it is. A YouTuber would go for the trendy type games. So in order to do that for a YouTuber to be actually interested is for the game to appear in the algorithm but, you see, you cannot get the game in recommendations for example to appear because there are no players. So you need players first, (doesn’t have to be really huge count) and then a YouTuber will give that support that will push the game further and further and hopefully the game will get really popular.

3 Likes

Sometimes they leave emails at the description of the video.

2 Likes

Send them a business email located in the about tab on YouTube. They usually read business emails most of the time since it is for business. In this case it is your game you are trying to promote. Send them screenshots of your game if possible. This would most likely attract them.

Hope this helps :+1:

4 Likes

I’m not too sure about these but based on what I have heard. You can contact them through their website or email which they live in the description sometimes.

Usually, they will have a manager so you will have to email them. If not, they will have a way to contact them through their merch website too.

2 Likes