How to create new places for a game

Currently, whenever I publish a place to roblox, it say I am creating a place:

However, this place automatically is created into a new game:

Whenever I try to add a place, it says it is already assigned to that game:

How can I remove start places or add new ones to a game?
Thanks, sorry if I’m missing something.

1 Like

The easiest way is using the ‘Add New Place’ feature inside Studio.
download

This is also not possible:

Roblox made it impossible to set your starting place to something else. (It was possible previously.)
If you currently want to change your starting place, you have to back the current one up, overwrite the starterplace, and upload the backed up one to a new place (if you want to keep it).

9 Likes

Thanks, wish we could remove old places.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say that it’s the “easiest” way, because that’s the only way to do so. Start Places cannot be dislodged from their games anymore.

It’s not just the easiest way, you can also add places on the ‘Configure Game’ page.

That’s provided the supposed places you intend to add to the game are not Start Places. Such places that can be added through the Configure Game page are remnants of removed Start Places before the update occurred. No new developer will have a use for this tab. Only old developers who removed Start Places before would have any real reason to dig on this page to add loose places.

I actually was trying to do this, for my new game so you load in the lobby and then when you teleport to the game istself it wont show up in recently played. I am hoping this is how you do it!