How to convert already made place to a game's place

• What are you attempting to achieve? (Keep it simple and clear)

I’m attempting to set an already made “local-file” place as a place for my main game.

• What is the issue? (Keep it simple and clear - Include screenshots/videos/GIFs if possible)

I am unable to attach my place to the main game. Upon publishing, Roblox website marks my new place as a start place for a new game. Similar to this issue.

• What solutions have you tried so far? (Have you searched for solutions through the Roblox Wiki yet?)

I put a great deal of work into creating 3 places so far. The first was published and set as the main game. I published the 2nd and am unable to set it as a place for my main game. I did this following the article on Multi-Place-Games. This was the only information I could find at the time. According to the forum topic I mentioned above, the only way to create places for a main game is through the game explorer. The explorer will not allow me the option of importing my already made places that are local-files. Please don’t tell me that I spent hours making those places for nothing. There must be a way to use them.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

3 Likes

Open your game’s main place in Roblox Studio, open Game Explorer, right-click “Places,” and click “Add new place.” Then open your place file and publish it over the place you created.

11 Likes

Ah you rock! That was the solution. Phew, thought I wasted many hours worth of work for a min.
Thank you!

3 Likes