How to detect if something is facing you?

for i,v in pairs(workspace:GetChildren()) do
	if v:FindFirstChild("Humanoid") and v ~= character then
		print(v)
		local distance = (v.HumanoidRootPart.Position - character.HumanoidRootPart.Position).Magnitude

if distance < 10 then
			v:Destroy()
		end
	end
end

I also want to add to this some code that makes it so if I’m not facing the humanoidrootpart of the target, the target doesn’t get destroyed. I know of dotproduct, it checks angles but my angle is the exact same even when I turn around. I read a bit on CFrame inversing, I don’t really know how I’d use it for this situation. Help would be appreciated.

I think you should use RayCast system:

This system looks for all parts that are in front of the selected part (you can modify the lenght of the detector). I think you could make a table of all characters in the game and do it a whitelist and the Ray will looks for parts in this whitelist who are in front of your selected part

I hope my english is not too bad lol
Hope help you and If you need some help i will try reply to you !

Enjoy !

If you get the vector from your NPC to your player character then get the dot product of that with the look vector of the NPC’s HRP it will give a number from -1 to 1 and if it is positive that means your NPC is looking within 180 degrees of your player character

for i,v in pairs(workspace:GetChildren()) do
    if v:FindFirstChild("Humanoid") and v ~= character then
        local direction = character.HumanoidRootPart.Position - v.HumanoidRootPart.Position
        local distance = Direction.Magnitude
        direction = direction.Unit
        if distance < 10 then
	        print("Within Range")
            if direction:Dot(v.HumanoidRootPart.CFrame.LookVector) > 0 then
                 print("Within 180 degrees")
                 v:Destroy()
            end
        end
    end
end

I haven’t tested it but it should work
you can tweak the >0 part to other numbers like >0.5 for a tighter angle
For more info The Ultimate Guide to Vector3:Cross() and Vector3:Dot()

Hello @Endryeos! Pls post this in the scripting support category. You are not allowed to do this here.