(Archive) This doesn't work anymore - How to disable the Roblox Desktop app (Windows Only)

Okay yeah, checked and tried again and it does indeed work now.
Thanks for the help and my apologies for the confusion!

1 Like

change it to “InBrowser”, that’s what I did

cc @vvv331 @i_LeviC
I added support for tampermonkey, if you have tampermonkey extension installed already you can install directly from here: https://github.com/RobloxDevs/Roblox-InApp-Disable/raw/main/window.user.js

3 Likes

Refer to post 29:

Works. Thanks!‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
Got patched.

1 Like

Feature request plug for opt-out: / return inBrowser

2 Likes

Looked into how @lolmanurfunny patched the executable, I did a little tinkering and made a script that should automatically patch it without having to download whenever Roblox decides to push an update (unless it’s to the codebase, then it may break)

Just run the script again when the homepage comes again.

Let me know if it doesn’t work for you. Or if you don’t want to use this, just use the userscript found in the earlier replies. Either works. Just a fun afternoon project to kill my time.

7 Likes

Nice job. I was far too lazy (and busy with other things) to make this myself because I patch/ed the launcher manually in 2 seconds. The tool I use to patch it is cheat engine. (I know how goofy that sounds)

A temporary fix can be done by making the application run as administrator

This is quite appreciated! I haven’t had any issues yet but in the event they arise it’s good to know that I can disable it!

I tried doing that. I changed it into “InBrowser” and every time i leave an experience it automatically sets back to “InApp”!

pls help

This unfortunately does not work anymore. Even after patching, Roblox will quit back to the homepage

1 Like

You can use my patched launcher instead, if you’d like.

4 Likes

I tried this doesn’t work for me. When I close games now the app just greys out for me it doesn’t close. I tried putting that script in the startup it didn’t do anything other than just open the notepad its in.

1 Like

Thank you for that github file it worked like a charm. :smiley:

1 Like

I found out that tampermonkey and registry way no longer working because of new roblox update (version-6e0b311456564a74).
They patched it…

In detail, the roblox client now doesn’t care about InApp or InBrowser and always launches with InApp mode.

I think there’s no way to actually disable it except patching the binary…

5 Likes

Roblox, would you FOR REAL STOP SHOVING SOMETHING DOWN OUR THROATS IF WE DONT ASK IT!
This is just absurd, no way they just coincidentally do it. They literally can’t moderate online dating game which SOMEHOW got away later but can shove their app down our throats.

15 Likes

I’ve now updated the script to support the latest Roblox version. Later I might make it pull from a json file for what content to replace in the launcher executable, so that you wouldn’t have to redownload my script.

Please let me know if you come across any issues.

5 Likes

Out of curiosity, where exactly is this in the binary?

Also if it’s about the same version to version, would it be possible to create a script that automatically edits the binary to remove the roblox app?

2 Likes

I got bored of patching the binary.
As a result, I made my own launcher… yup.

11 Likes