How to File a Digital Millennium Copyright Act Claim on ROBLOX

Hi everyone,

I’ve created this comprehensive guide to help you navigate the process of filing a DMCA claim on ROBLOX and protect your projects and content by obtaining full exclusive rights. By following the steps outlined below, you can increase your chances of succeeding in your DMCA claim.

Please take the time to read the entire guide for maximum effectiveness.

Clothes will probably benefit from this, but if a particularly unique circumstance arises, it might also apply to games or other entertainment. In any case, you ought to attempt.

I revamped this persons post to the guide you are currently on, so if you want, check him also out after reading this.

1. Start by preparing a well-crafted DMCA claim with a clear and concise description. ROBLOX has specific requirements for submitting claims, so I have created a custom template that you should use. You can access the template here.

2. Ensure that you provide accurate and real information in every section of the claim form, including your real name, address, and other relevant details. This claim form will be treated as a legal document and should be treated as such. Rest assured that the person you are filing the claim against will not have access to your personal information; they will only see your full ROBLOX username. If the person later files a counter claim, they may gain access to the information you provided. However, this should not be a significant concern.

An illustration of what a user who received a claim will get

Image of a received copyright claim.
Photo: cpguy5089 - DevForum (view image here)

1. It is generally recommended to file a separate claim per email address for each infringing piece of content. By doing so, each separate claim will result in a strike against the infringing party, rather than just one strike for multiple infringements. However, please exercise caution and only utilize this approach if there is a significant amount of your original content being stolen.

2. Once you have ensured that your claim meets all the necessary criteria, proceed to send an email to the following address: copyright_agent@roblox.com.

Additional Tips:

• If your clothing or any other content includes copyrighted material, the person handling your claim may request proof of permission to upload the copyrighted content. If you fail to provide valid evidence of obtaining permission, your content may be taken down and you may receive a strike.

• It’s important to note that you cannot file claims on behalf of others. If someone you know needs to file a claim, direct them to this guide to assist them in the process.

• Unlike platforms like YouTube, where you may receive monetary compensation for copyright infringements, on ROBLOX, you will not receive any financial benefits. However, it is strongly advised to still file a claim, as individuals should not profit from copying your work.

By following these guidelines and utilizing the provided resources, you can effectively protect your creations on ROBLOX and assert your rights as a content creator.

Sources (I've attempted to verify their accuracy)

DMCA Guidelines | Roblox Creator Documentation
Digital Millennium Copyright Act - Wikipedia
How to file a DMCA claim
https://twitter.com/wubtum/status/1360819796745605122

1. The first source provided is a link to a Google Docs document that contains a template for a DMCA claim on ROBLOX. Since the document is not accessible directly, it is difficult to evaluate its content and accuracy. However, it is reasonable to assume that the author of the guide has created a template based on their understanding of the DMCA claim requirements on ROBLOX.

2. The second source listed is Wikipedia, specifically the page on the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Wikipedia is a widely used and reputable online encyclopedia that provides general information on various topics, including the DMCA. It is generally considered a reliable source for gaining a basic understanding of a subject.

3. The third source is a link to a post on the ROBLOX Developer Forum. The forum is an official platform provided by ROBLOX for developers to discuss and share information. The post titled “How to File a DMCA Claim” is authored by an individual named “cpguy5089.” While the forum post itself does not provide any information about the author’s credentials or expertise, it can be considered as a user-generated guide based on their personal experience or research.

4. The fourth source is a tweet from a Twitter account with the handle “wubtum.” The tweet is not directly related to the content of the guide but seems to be a general statement about the importance of protecting original work. Twitter is a social media platform where users can share their thoughts and opinions, and the credibility of information shared on Twitter can vary. Without additional context or information about the author, it is challenging to assess the accuracy or relevance of the tweet.

How much did you learn?

• 1 (worst)
  • 10 (best)

0 voters

16 Likes

Please contact me via my DevForum messages with any inquiries or complaints regarding my tutorial so we can fix it. :slight_smile:

7 Likes