How to fix camera speed in studio?

I just updated studio and noticed this setting that changes the speed of the Roblox Studio’s camera.
Idk if I accidentally enabled it using a hotkey but I want to know if there’s a way to disable this? I can’t find any other posts on this. Thanks

11 Likes

I’ve never seen that before. I don’t know too, I’m so sorry.

But try to go to Studio Configurations, got to Shortcuts, and try to find anything to do with “camera”

2 Likes

In Roblox Studio, go to File > Studio Settings > Studio and under the ‘Camera’ section you can adjust the camera properties such as it’s speed, pan speed, etc.

3 Likes

last i checked using an FPS unlocker increases the speed in studio

4 Likes

It might be this camera speed customizability improvement from Release 590 which released yesterday and is still on a pending status on the site

3 Likes

Interesting. Its odd that this isn’t able to be disabled. (Unless I just cant find where to disable this)

2 Likes

I’m encountering the same issue here too. I hope they prevent this from becoming an official setting…

1 Like

Ok it looks like I got it too now whenever I move the camera. It hides if you hide the view selector though

1 Like

it’s on the Beta Features where you can disable it

3 Likes

Yup that’s the current solution. Go to Beta settings and disable this one. Restart studio and it’s fixed.

5 Likes

Omg thx but how do I fix the moving controls cuz it’s not opposite, when I go forward it goes backward and when I go to the right it goes to the left and if u do the opposite way then it also goes the opposite way how do I fix this ;-;

they should fix this bug immediately, i mean honestly, did they forget about it? #bug-reports

I do not see that feature on my end? I can’t disable it.

Your camera speed must be set to negatives, make it positive to fix your issue.

I work on large maps and use scroll to move real fast. This just interferes with my normal usage and makes movement feel very weird. I really hope this is able to be disabled once it’s out of beta.

1 Like

Maybe it is a setting? I have never encountered this kind of issue when working on Roblox Studio. I hope this will be fixed as my developer friend is experiencing the same issue, just check out your settings, or even on which tab you’re working on.

Managed to disable it but man this should NOT be implemented, I get changing the speed on the go can be helpful but the way it’s been implemented is just not good, the if you hold W or right click while moving it changes the cameras speed which isn’t very helpful when trying to move across a game. It’s not needed, if we want to change the camera’s speed we can do that already, no need to add some finicky keybinds for it.

2 Likes

I can understand if this is an inconvenience for you, but for me this is a game changer. I like to fine-tune my camera speed which is unacceptably tedious to do without this, so I will be having it on from now on. If this is improved (not being locked to view-selector and the ui itself being less ugly and out-of-place) I’ll keep this on forever.

But to turn it off, just disable the view selector. It’s in the view tab.

I disagree.

I get changing the speed on the go can be helpful but the way it’s been implemented is just not good.

Actually, scratch that. I mostly disagree. In it’s current state this is ugly and inconvenient to look at, but I’m willing to pay that price for the convenience factor of on-the-fly speed adjustment.

if you hold W or right click while moving it changes the cameras speed which isn’t very helpful when trying to move across a game.

I have no idea what you’re talking about, it doesn’t do that for me. It’s just kinda, set the speed and move around. You might have some weird settings enabled in studio settings if it’s doing that.

It’s not needed, if we want to change the camera’s speed we can do that already, no need to add some finicky keybinds for it.

I entirely disagree here. This is absolutely needed, I shouldn’t have to navigate through several clunky menus to change a value and then wait for studio to apply the changes. In all aspects but aesthetic, this is a HUGE benefit to many studio users. Yes, you can change it already, but it’s super inconvenient and not really flexible. And as far as I can tell, there are no keybinds involved here, it’s just the slider. This new speed slider allows us to fine-tune our camera speeds to whatever we want in one or two clicks. It’s a serious improvement from the previous system.

I agree, but when I had it on every time I held right click or any movement button and scrolled it would change the slider speed, i’d have to then readjust it every now and then, I tried to work through it and even work with it but it got too annoying and in the way. I do agree that an on the go slider is nice but the fact many others have found it’s initial implementation method very annoying says all about it’s improvement. And to add most people never need to adjust the camera speed on the fly, as the warp button exists if they wanna go long distances like I do.