Release Notes for 590

:wave: Release notes for 590

93 Likes

Just wanted to give a thank you for this:

This was really annoying. :joy:

58 Likes

Looks like we may be getting some promised roadmap updates very very soon

30 Likes

It’s a shame that after Roblox imposing the new debugger, and after I’ve pointed out over 30 bugs and there are still a lot of bugs pending, nothing gets done for months.

33 Likes

Will the shaking shadows bug be fixed? It’s only when you’re driving a car, I use A-Chassis Build 6.52S2, or is it from the car’s system?

24 Likes

Some awesome stuff in this update! Really love that SurfaceGuis finally got a MaxDistance, good for optimization.

When can we expect to see more details on how this works? The docs don’t reflect it yet.

26 Likes

A while yet. There will be an announcement post about the thing this relates to so you don’t need to worry about missing it.

40 Likes

Fixed a spike that happens 60 seconds after the a game starts.

Any insight on what that was?? Im curious

23 Likes

‘timerServiceOnHeartbeat’ causing large lagspike - Bug Reports / Engine Bugs - Developer Forum | Roblox

22 Likes

very nice, changing multiple number/colorsequences at once was really tedious thing to do and glad its finally addressed.
also glad the model scale clearing made it in.

29 Likes

When are us developers going to be able to customize throttling for it to affect in-game physics? Or maybe a way to slow down the physics ourselves.

Finally! The seams were a building nightmare.

Is this exclusively for when deferred events are enabled, or does it affect all modes?

19 Likes

any information about why this was occurring?

28 Likes

The core script error spamming: are the errors fixed or is the output log just suppressed?

Or perhaps they were only warnings?

16 Likes

Whats the progress on the audio routing stuff from a few weeks ago, got it working with the right flags and its really cool in its current form especially with the visualiser effect

34 Likes

This is amazing no more need to code it manually for performance expensive surfaces

Out of curiosity is updating the PixelsPerStud dynamically expensive? I want to make it lower when the player is further away from it but I’m not sure if I’m doing worse if I do this.

15 Likes

Yes, because you may force repeated reallocation of the texture memory backing the surface if you’re not careful. You’d have to pay close attention to how often you increase the surface size in that way.

18 Likes

So glad the core script spam is being filtered out of the studio output, got really annoying when debugging. Also happy to know that random lag spike wasn’t from my code, was starting to worry me. :sweat_smile:

The PerAxis ForceLimitMode for AlignPosition that was released recently has been mega useful and made transitioning from BodyPosition to AlignPosition easy peasy.

I was wondering if a PerAxis ForceLimitMode property is planned for AlignOrientation too, so that it can behave in a similar way to BodyGyro and it’s MaxTorque property, allowing developers to transition away from that too. (Using a new property called MaxAxesTorque, similar to MaxAxesForce)

Question was answered in a Q&A, and it is planned:

14 Likes

Thank you:

I am not sure exactly which are available, but I am sure it will be helpful.

15 Likes

Whoops! The NumberSequence/ColorSequence change was added to the release notes a bit too early. There are still a few things to do before it will be ready to ship. We’ve removed it from the release notes for now.

20 Likes

Actually, the audio API is especially fantastic. I’ll be overjoyed if they arrive quickly.

11 Likes