How to fix viewmodel animations when the viewmodel is scaled down to prevent clipping

I fixed the problem with viewmodels clipping through walls by scaling down the viewmodel. (This is what games like Arsenal do) It works but the animations are very messed up. I could fix it by remaking all the animations with the smaller viewmodel but I don’t feel like doing that. Is there a way to fix the animations a different way?

Usually when you scale down objects with animations, the animations will try to keep the same position depending on the keypoints set with the Original size, you might have to re edit them.

1 Like

Yeah but can I fix it a different way? I already stated that I could fix it by reanimating everything.

Im Not really sure, i dont really use viewmodels or animate them properly, i mainly use the player arms

Is there a humanoid inside the viewmodel?

Yes, to make the clothing work. I turned off AutomaticScaling but I don’t think that does anything.

Just tried doing the same thing with a viewmodel without a humanoid and the results are the same.

Would you mind sending a copy of the viewmodel rig?

viewmodel.rbxm (99.2 KB)

This viewmodel is shrinked right?

No, this one is normal size and works perfectly.

Try using this script to scale the viewmodel and the gun