How to get GUI to cover entire screen?

I want to make a GUI that takes up the entire screen and a GUI that always is located in the center at the bottom of the screen. I’m assuming there’s a property in GUIs that make it scale with the screen because in the “u got that” game the GUI scales with the screen but there is no script pertaining to GUI scale in the game.

26 Likes

Just set the frame size to 1,0,1,0 so it fits through the whole screen.

39 Likes

I actually did that but it still covers just the top left area
yes it was with the frame

3 Likes

Then in the GUI turn off GuiInset, that way it will take up that top space

Here is a post on this for help: Ignoring the GUI inset

46 Likes

Ensure your frame is set up like this:

3 Likes

Wait… I have the full screen GUI, but now my other gui doesn’t change location with screen size, I have it at .5,0,.1,0 for size, how would I make it move to always be at the lower center
nvm it’s position

3 Likes

Remember how UDim2s work. There are two UDims, X and Y.

Each UDim has, in order, a scale and an offset. The position is calculated like this:

(scale * screen dimension) + offset, where screen dimension is either the width of your screen for X, or the height for Y.

{xScale, xOffset}, {yScale, yOffset}

To align something to the bottom center with a Size of {0.5, 0}, {1, 0}, you would use a Position of {0.25, 0}, {0, 0}, assuming your anchor point is still the top left.

2 Likes

Going forwards, I would recommend using your anchor point strategically! That’s an easier way to move/size things in some cases. If you want it to be in the lower left corner, your anchor point should be set to 0, 1. To accomplish the same thing but on the right side, an anchor point of 1, 1 would be used.

Very useful at times and helpful to keep in mind.

5 Likes

Very late reply but I have to say thank you. I was searching for hours for this solution.

4 Likes

Wow! I’ve had this problem for so long, now it’s fixed! Thanks so much!

1 Like

@CapnFry
Thanks, I had to do the opposite though, I had to turn it on instead of off.

2 Likes

Hey this doesn’t work for me for some reason… Did roblox update this???

This post has haunted me because its the second result on google, so I think its necessary that I give a complete answer.

In the Gui object, make sure that “IgnoreGuiInset” is enabled, then inside the frame you want to cover the screen, set its size to “1,0,1,0.” That will cover the entire screen and ignore the top bar area :hidere:

Also check if the position or anchorpoint values of the frame aren’t offsetting anything at all

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.