How to get the old chat topbar icon?

Hi. Today, I’ve been trying for an hour and a half trying to change the current chat icon to:
unknown

I know for sure it’s possible because Adopt Me has it; just with a different chat icon. Is there any way I can change the current chat icon’s icon to the old one? (with the red new messages counter thing).

Please tell me if you know! Thanks!

I belive you need to change CoreGui configurations, which would take hours on end. I reccomend keeping the chat icon we have right now, or make a new chat, as I don’t think anyone would be able to tell you (I don’t think anyone knows how to).

You can’t change CoreGui scripts.

Which would be why this is almost impossible.

Then there must be a way Adopt Me’s been doing it (even Work at a Pizza Place)

I think they hid the CoreGUI and replaced it with their own. They didn’t remove it.

Yeah, that’s what I thought at first. I just think that it’ll be annoying having to create your own chat system.

1 Like

2 Likes

As far as I know, you can’t change that outside studio.

Chat@2x
chat

You cannot access CoreGui without identity level 3 (normal scripts and localscripts have 2)

Correct. If you could edit that, Roblox scams would multiply by math.huge.

1 Like

CoreGui’s able in scripts executor games.

Uhh, no. You can’t change CoreGui outside studio. I’m not sure if exploits can change gui though.

I’m talking seriously, i was in a game and someone used a CoreGui’s descendants destroying script.

Roblox CoreGui is exploit proof, meaning NOBODY can access it outside of studio. Judging by that, you will have to create a script to remove the ChatIcon, and replace it completely with what you want it to be. As I stated, creating your own chat system would probably be easier than this.

1 Like