How to implement a Bedwars like server system?

Straight 2 the point, how to make a server system like the game Bedwars (im sry if its a bad example but this is the only game ik which does this). Lik in this game, when u try to join a game, the game checks all running servers and if one is free, teleports u to it. My doubt is whether this servers r created from script or pre-built. And how to make a round system which runs when u get telported to the server? Btw, Im not asking for full code or anythin, juz the main concept and possibly some referances.

1 Like

Create place inside your Experience and make sure it focuses on filling up(Configure Place → Access) servers.
Then when someone wants to join match, use TeleportService to send people to that place.

6 Likes

How do they detect which server is available though and which isn’t? did they really create so many places just to achieve this?

Let roblox do it, when you move players to that Place roblox will create servers and fill them up. But thing about doing it this way is that you can’t select which players can play together. Like having ranks and not allowing higher ranks to play with lower ranks(You can still make friends play together as long as you teleport them at same time by passing in table of players in TeleportService, I am not sure tho)

2 Likes

What about parties? That’s interesting.

1 Like

Yea this method has that problem that you can’t be sure some players can play together, but this is simplest matchmaking you can achive.

2 Likes

would be a really inefficient method

you got to completely make it hard scripted, with matchmaking places, implementing parties there etc.you can take a look at how Black Hawk Rescue Mission 5 does it and take notes.

2 Likes

Thanks for all ur replies to my post. I might try using what @OtadTOAD suggested, however better solutions r always welcome.

P.S: im not marking it solution rn as i need time to implement it.

1 Like

But you can use TeleportService | Roblox Creator Documentation this method to send multiple players together, I don’t know how roblox will deal with that tho.

1 Like

I have seen matchmaking modules in the forum, do u think they can achieve better results?

1 Like

Yea, this is simplest of simplest methods.

but if you just want to teleport players in general in any server that lacks players, hard scripting it is not worth it and what he proposed would be a good way

Don’t forget that this server will be lobby tho, after you want to start match, you have to create private server and send all players there so other people can’t join mid match. (Unless you wanna make them spectators and wait for their turn)

1 Like

they’re more versatile, you can do parties, matchmaking according to players ranks, MMRs, etc. if you want to implement that stuff, but if you’re just going to teleport players without any of that stuff, that should be the way to go.

Reserved server exists, it creates a like-vip server and make it like a queue, then when the match starts lock it.

Teleport service:ReserveServer

My game features more complicated stuff with this teleporting so u know i mite juz stick with the forum machmaking modules for now.

Ik tht but can u make it so tht a only a round system runs there?

yes, scripts can check if the current server they’re running in is a private server or not

But in ur opinion, wts the best efficient way to do this?

ive done a matchmaking system according to ranks, there were 2 separate places, first was the matchmaking place and second was the actual game, players would be able to create parties and be matched up against other parties, then the script would make a reserved server in the actual game place and teleport those players while also sending teleportdata such as which players were in which party

1 Like