How to import from blender WITH color? (V2.8)

So, I’m trying to export models from blender to roblox studio with color so I don’t have to import them individually, but am unaware of how to do so

I don’t have any screenshots as I accidentally deleted the file, but the issue is that I don’t know how to export models from blender 2.8 with color then import them to roblox with said color

I have tried watching YouTube videos, but none of them turned out to be in blender 2.8

Thanks!

7 Likes

Export the model to a .fbx file, otherwise I don’t know what else you’d do. A helpful page: https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/articles/Mesh-Parts

3 Likes

Check this out. Maple does a really good job of explaining how to bake colors (textures) onto your mesh. If exporting as an .fbx doesn’t work this is a good alternative.

This would be for objects that contain more than one sets of colors/data. Importing as an .fbx only works when you have one color per object.

1 Like

You can also use the Vertex Paint option in blender.
First of all, after clicking on the “Vertex Paint” button, press “M” and then right click to colour whatever part you want, and if you want to make it easier, hold Shift + right click so you can select many parts at once.
I hope what i said helped you, if not then you can just follow the post of Maplestick, it is really helpful.

10 Likes

Thanks! I tried your idea, and it worked well!

1 Like

Glad my post helped you, it would be appreciated if you “solution” the post so other people having the same issue could find the way to solve it easily.

Done. Thanks again for the help!

1 Like