How to increase/mantain a playerbase?

Hey! I’m just about to advertise a game (check this), my first project, so I’d really want it to blow up since I’ve been working hard on it. I know that a low budget as 20k won’t get me a large playerbase (less than 100 players) but I want it to grow or, at least, maintain it (to make sure that, when I spend all of those Robux on an advertising campaign, I won’t lose everything on the very next day after the campaign finished).

I think I’ll get like 30 concurrents from the campaign (more about it here) but, of course, I want a larger playerbase, what should I do in that case? What if the playerbase is about 100 players instead of 30? Then what if it is about 500? And 1k?

Please, I’d really appreciate it if you reply and let me know if your solution ever worked for you.

Thank you for reading!

1 Like

Hey there! The short answer is you need to boost D1 retention above ~10% to start getting a permanent audience. That will then trigger natural discovery in most cases which should allow for a permanent audience to be established! I’d recommend setting up analytics to track player behavior in-game so that you can iterate across advertisements, as well as correlate certain in-game experiences with changes in retention.

Best of luck on the game! I just checked it out and it’s improved a ton since I last saw it!
-CJ

1 Like

Hey! I followed your advices about increasing retention (so I implemented NPC’s and a strength stat system for it) + added more stuff/enhanced mechanics. I really appreciate your help and how you keep replying, you really helped me a lot. I’ll try to track analytics using GameAnalytics SDK.

Thank you for replying!

1 Like

Follow ad trends! You can look up different trends in what ads players are clicking on to get the optimal amount of players joining. This is just a small suggestion but it goes a long way!

1 Like

Hey! I’d actually want to be original and (not necessarily) clickbait. You can see more about the ad I’ll be using in this topic.

Thank you for replying!

1 Like