Feedback on my first game HOLDFAST!

That’s actually a great idea, and will probably use it.

Thank you for replying!

Reviving this old topic once again…
I’ll probably run some ads for HOLDFAST! tomorrow (or this weekend), so I’d like to know if it is completely finished (check out as much as possible: shops, UI, PvP, mechanics, animations, etc).

Thank you for reading!

I’m sorry for anyone that joined a server and couldn’t play it! I forgot to enable the play menu screen, now it is enabled so please test it as much as you want!

I have no idea what the point of the game is, I think a tutorial guide npc that guides you through what to do would make it 10x better.

2 Likes

Hey! You can always open the help UI (it is in the play screen or in the “?” icon on the left bottom), also the description of the game may help you a lot. Remember it is a multiplayer game, so playing it as a solo player may be boring.

Thank you for replying!

The feel/look of surrounding is cool, etertaining to observe. I also like the stamina bar, so adding ability to increase it with stats will be good. The map feature is a nice touch as well. This is definitely something that can entertain once you add npcs and quests.

As far as advertising, my game is a bit outdated and we’re working on a new one but the skyscraper ad is the one that gets the most clicks. So the one you have is a good option. Good job on everything so far!

1 Like

I tried, it’s like ZO as I said before but with a lot less quality. The animations are bland, for example dash, the map is bland…
Mobile UIs are classical roblox buttons…
Don’t lose your robux until you add some bots to fight.

1 Like

Damn, everyone told me that, I guess I’ll have to add NPC’s to fight off for rewards…

Thank you for replying and constantly feedbacking on HOLDFAST!

1 Like

And/Or you can attract players to fight each others, me and a guy we were trying to find each others but the chat is local and the map Is too big :frowning:
Maybe add something to guide

1 Like

Map isn’t too big, but I think I’ll make the chat global at the moment (until the game is more popular since servers will be more filled up and/or players remember map locations).

Thank you for replying!

1 Like

Once again, I’m reviving this old thread after 1.5 months of no activity.

I added a lot of new stuff (strength stat system, NPC’s, enhanced mechanics/UI and more). I’d really appreciate it if you check it out since, if everything is alright, I’d be starting the advertising campaign in the last weekend in June.

Thank you for reading!

The NPCs work well, but I there are a couple things I think you should improve:

• The knights feel lifeless when they’re not attacking you. I’d make them wander around the map.
  • I think there should be some context as to why these individuals are attacking you but I’m relieved you didn’t just take the “basic boar” route. You could maybe consider adding factions, or make it clearer that either the players or the NPCs are “intruders” to the city.
Little things
  • The default Roblox walking animation plays if you press against a wall.
  • The bobbing animation for walking plays if you press a movement key while sitting.
  • Why does the shopkeeper have a gun? Even if you did this to complete the reference to your friend as the shopkeeper, it doesn’t fit with the theme of the game.
1 Like

They have an idle animation but, since you mentioned it, I don’t think it is very noticeable.

It is not a roleplay game so I don’t think I should make this clear: everything involved with the NPC’s is pretty secondary since they only exist for farming coins/strength + the game is mainly multiplayer.

Fixed both of them now!

It is a reference that I don’t need to explain, as well as the car in top of a house (in case you noticed it).

EDIT: also, what did you mean by “basic roar” route?

Thank you for replying and I’m sorry for my pretty late response!

1 Like

I’m referring to the fact that a lot of MMORPGs just use boars as their basic enemy, which I think is rather unoriginal at this point.

Oh, since you pointed it out, I think you’re right: a lot of MMORPG (HOLDFAST! isn’t a MMORPG though) use those kind of animals as NPC’s to fight off. In my case, I wanted to be some original + add mechanics to the NPC’s (as you can see, knights and crusaders can dodge attacks as well as players, in case you have been able to test that mechanic).

Thank you for replying!

Hey! These last 2 months I’ve been heavily working on HOLDFAST!, that’s why I’m reviving this old topic.
One of the biggest changes on it are the map: it is entirely revamped. Also, now there is a loadout system (melee weapon selection), new animations, new UI, and more.

I’d really appreciate it if you test the game and, if possible, feedback on it (those who played it in the past will find a huge change). I’m really looking for it to succeed (I advertised it and it was great, but because of my low budget I wasn’t able to fill a single server), I’ll try to use 10k with some greats ads to make it some popular at least, any advices?

Thank you for reading!

I cant believe that I actually followed your topic :joy:

Even 100K can’t promise to grant a minimal popularity therefore expecting 10K to be enough is not logical. Will try your game after.

2 Likes

lol me neither, I really appreciate it though.

A full server (which I hope to reach) may be enough if retention is decent.

I’ll be awaiting for your feedback!

Thank you for replying!

Sadly not, since eventually the server will die, and then you’ll have nothing again.

1 Like

How much Robux would work? Are you telling me this based on your own experience?