How to know when an Admin or a Video Star joins a Roblox game?

I make tutorial videos on YouTube especially when a new event comes. As you all know Egg Hunt 2021 is on the way and I think we will have Admin, Video Star and Developer eggs. When I make tutorial videos for these eggs, it’s hard for my fans to know when to join an admin or a Video Star.

1. What do you want to achieve? So I want to make a script that tells us when an admin or a Video Star joins a game.

2. What is the issue? I can check if one is in my group or not when a person joins my game but can’t do that for other games and groups.

3. What solutions have you tried so far? I really don’t know what to do and couldn’t try any solutions.

I would be apperciated if someone helps me for that kind of game and make my fans happy as getting Video Star and Admin eggs will be a lot more easier for them to find.

5 Likes

A simple breakdown of how to do this would be to make an HTTP request to this endpoint https://api.roblox.com/users/{USERID}/onlinestatus, and if they’re in a specific game, send a POST request to a Discord webhook to inform people, keep in mind this will only work if they have their joins open. This will not be possible to do within a Roblox game, so you will need to have some knowledge of off-site development to do this.

adding onto this you can check if a player is in the roblox admin group or the youtube star group and let that fire an event that sends a post request to a discord webhook

1 Like

Admins:

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(plr)
   if plr:IsInGroup(1200769) then

Video Stars:

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(plr)
   if plr:IsInGroup(4199740) then

Just check if they are in the groups and do whatever you want to them.

6 Likes

Admin
Would have the ROBLOX Logo next to their username on the playerlist.

Video Star
Would have a star next to their username on the playerlist, or something similar to that.

3 Likes

I don’t think a Video Star or an Admin is going to join my game. So I have to find a way of checking without them joining my game.

1 Like

All video creators are in the video star program group, and all admins and employees are in the official admin group. You can check if they are an admin or star creator by checking if they are in that group. I don’t remember the group IDs, but you can find them with a few searches.

So I have to find a way of checking without them joining my game

I’m confused, you wanna know when they join a game that’s not yours? Like if a video star or admin joins a server your in?

Exactly, I want to know when they join any other Roblox game, not mine. Sure they will play Egg Hunt 2021 games and distribute their eggs.

1 Like

I don’t think (can’t assure) that you can check them without them being in your game like that.

Okay, sorry but explain a bit more clearer. When they join your server that’s in a different game or a server your in?

Also I’m just asking, I don’t know how to make it so you know when they join.

I agree with gotee, I don’t think you can really tell.

I want to know when an admin or a Video Star joins a Roblox game. It doesn’t need to be my game, it doesn’t need to be my server, I just want to know when they play a Roblox game.

1 Like

If they have their joins on, you can check in with their profile. Or follow them on their social medias and they might announce of when they are going onto a game, or someone tags them about that the admin / video star is in their game.

You’d have to make a bot outside of a roblox game for this.

I know using Discord Webhooks a bit. Any tutorial or information that I can follow?

Dunno, search up a tutorial but I think you’ve already had

Yes, I couldn’t find any reliable information.

1 Like

Yeah Roblox Lua isn’t going to help for this, you are going to have to create a bot outside of Roblox that will read when an admin/video star is playing a game.

Yeah. Why’d you want a bot for that anyways though?

1 Like