How to make a camera like this?

Hey, so a video popped up on my Recommended on Youtube today and i was wondering how could i do a camera like this video ? Visual_Overhaul.mp4 - YouTube

I really need help on doing something like this, this would be so useful!

5 Likes

Beautiful camera and movement!! I want to know how to achieve it too!

Have u tried anything?
I would try to turn it into a scriptable camera and bind keys to the camera CFrame.
Is it possible to put BodyMovers to the camera?
If its not, is it possible to attach the camera to an invisible part, and apply BodyMovers to that part?
Have u tested anything related with that?
I notice FOV change too, all that details are not so hard to do once you get the movement binding

3 Likes

No, i actually haven’t, ill try doing that! Thanks for the tip!

3 Likes

This camera movement is a default roblox feature you get in games you own / if you have the right script.
To activate / deactive it, simply press Left Shift and P on your keyboard. Hope this helps!

EDIT: It’s a gui in PlayerGui called Freecam. Here’s a model file:
FreecamGui.rbxm (6.2 KB)

5 Likes

Thank you! Ill try this tomorrow, its getting really late for me.

1 Like

Thats helpful to know! Thank you.
But that is kinda useless if I want to build my own system so players can use it :v
Still a fun fact thank you!

2 Likes

You can make a script to give all plays that FreeCamera.

2 Likes

Yeah, copy that system. Still nice, but still pointless if I want to learn to do stuff, which is always my main target, learning to do everything, still thanks! I can read the system and have a better idea on what to do

3 Likes

Shift + P, you must be the developer of that game and you must be in-game, or at least playtesting it.

1 Like

I think using a function bound to run service.Renderstepped is more feasible, with user input service / context action service to handle the inputs from keyboard / game pad etc.

I think you can have the default camera scripts focus on any humanoid containing character but I’m not sure exactly what you’d have to do to stop it from locking onto your own character. Maybe just change the camera type to scriptable but I haven’t tried that.