How to Make a GFX Course: Part 1, Basics of GFX and Tips

I can’t even apply a texture in Blender, it’s hard to move around and Microsoft’s software is much easier to use. I’ll admit that the output isn’t as advanced but it’s still decent.

Applying a texture actually is easy in blender and you should do some more research before saying that it is bad.

1 Like

I’ve followed tutorials and they’ve never worked. Also I never mentioned about Studio, I mentioned Microsoft’s 3D Builder.

I have tried out microsoft 3d builder and it is very limiting and hard to use. You say that the tutorials “never work”, but maybe it is because you haven’t tried to learn. 3D builder is better for 3d printing.

I have, I’ve used about 4 YT tutorials and they don’t work and I even used DevForum tutorials and they didn’t work. I’d rather not argue about this so I won’t send another response.

Can you instead make the tutorial instead with pIctures or make a video of how to do it?

Yeah that is what I am doing next lol. This was the first of the course xD. As soon as my mac comes back I will write it.

1 Like

Updated the title so it makes more sense.

How about posing? Its the very basic stuff

If you read my other replies, this is the first in the series.

Hello guys, the second tutorial is out. How to Make a GFX Course: Part 2, Color Theory

2 Likes

I agree with most of the tips, but I don’t think you should make your scene too detailed. Assuming you’re making a game icon, your scene will be quite small on a webpage, and if you overload it with detail, it will all blend together and just make the gfx noisy, not realistic.

2 Likes

It should be detailed, but not all of them should jump out. Adding subtle detail is key.

1 Like

Thank you so much! thanks for telling me how to do it!

2 Likes

One thing I’ve noticed is that your scenes are quite low-poly. Try using PBR materials and stuff to add realism.

1 Like

That wasn’t my scene… I did post processing on another person’s scene…

1 Like

I totally agree with you on this one, also very helpful guide. Learnt me things I still don’t know today and that I could think of.

I would say PBR Textures are a must-needed. It makes all the beauty of your GFX

2 Likes

I forgot, another good place to get your textures is texturehaven.com

It has a high learning curve, but most high learning curves come with extreme advantages. Especially because you can learn how to model with it too.

Instances where it might be helpful:

• Clothing for a game only accessible to a game pass.

• Original models.

• You can start modeling which can help you in games that aren’t always related to the type you like, or just use modeling for creating whatever you want. Can take commissions for it too.

• You can make a trailer for a game.

• etc

There’s a lot of possibilities for what you can do with blender, so I’d say the learning curve is very worth it, but then again, this is IMO.

Edit: You can also get into the UGC Program and promote it from your games or whatever.
3 Likes

Exactly. Having an open mind is key to being successful.

2 Likes