How To Make A Glitchy Stereoscopy Effect

So I’m trying to create a weird, glitched 3 color effect (Also known as Stereoscopics) for a game I am creating, but I can’t make a perfect recreation of this in Roblox. Is this possible, and if so, how can I do so?

Here is what I want:

Examples

Normal:

Glitchy Effect:
29%20PM

PS: I’m not attempting on creating a depth illusion, just an RGB Glitch.

9 Likes

Sorry I need to update the other picture.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, but I cant really help you because the pictures look exactly the same. It may just be me, though :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

This is called chromatic aberration. There is not really a practical way to do this in Roblox, unless you’re doing it for something small like a tech demo. But you would probably need to be the one to figure it out.

5 Likes

Cloning the part then positioning it beside each other to collide in a certain point.

The first part will be colored blue then the second will be colored red, the neutral will be the reference for cframe

2 Likes

since I usually don’t share this and I am feeling generous today
I can dm you my version of the 3D stereoscopic effect. Its a combination of a module someone else made and localscripts of mine that use said module

5 Likes

Yooo send it to me please…
Discord Bastiii#9482

3 Likes

Mind sharing it if you are still feeling generous?

2 Likes

Oh my god, I’m so sorry about that message, I was an absolutely egotistical moron back in 2021.

I would post it here now if I had access to it, though I haven’t found it yet.
I’ll look into it, and post it publicly when its found : P

8 Likes

alright just wanted to ask tho lmk if u find it

1 Like

stereoscopy.rbxm (6.9 KB)
I hope this is still useful for you!

For this to work, you need a folder called “static” in workspace, where you can place objects that never update, for performance reasons.

Also, set the ImageTransparency of the red and blue viewports to something lower than 0.999 (i prefer 0.85). No clue why its like that.

2 Likes

TOOK U LONG ENOUGH BRO I TOTTALY FORGOT :sob:

But Thank you so much

1 Like