How to make a pitch black room

Hello, I want to make a pitch black room( 20 x 20 box) for the player to start off in, however when the player loads in it starts of completely dark but a few second later you can see a bit of light from some of the edges. No, there are no gaps in the box at all.

Any solutions?

2 Likes

Feedback

Either change the day night cycle to make it always night or make the box’s walls much thicker. Or even both.

1 Like

Add spotlights or a form of lighting, then increment in based on a wait() time so that as the time length increases the size or intensity of light etc increases.

Example

local SL  = --File path to Spotlight or Light

for i = 1,255,1 do
  wait(.1)
  SL.Color = i
  SL.Brightness = i
end

And in terms of making it start from the edges and move inwards to the centre, that would I believe just be about controlling the angle of the Light.

1 Like

I’m kind of confused. Are you trying to make a bit of light appear when the player loads or is that your problem?

Is it’s your problem: make the walls thicker

If it’s your goal: then, as @Synzxs said,
local SL = --File path to Spotlight or Light

for i = 1,255,1 do
wait(.1)
SL.Color = i
SL.Brightness = i
end

Hope this helped!

No im trying to remove the light completely however making my walls thicker does not help.

Try using black neon with a Color3 value of 0, 0, 0.

4 Likes

Neon Black walls would work best then just as @VegetationBush said would work then to your needs.

It should completely eliminate all light, if not there may be something wrong like an invisible light within the room.