How to make a rounded block

If you would like to see one of the most impressive thing I’ve made with just unions I can send you the link to it if you wish.

2 Likes

I’d be down to look at your work!
Always free to do so!

1 Like

This is the link:
Rounded Hexagon Pillar

ive seen alot of impressive things made with unions. Keep going =)

2 Likes

I recommend installing it through steam for auto updates :wink:

1 Like

It costs on Steam, if you download it off of blender.org (the official website) it’ll be free

2 Likes

there isn’t auto update on the site which is the issue

1 Like

Well, it’s free tho, like downloading it again isn’t that big of a deal, it’s better than having to pay for it

1 Like

It depends on the person. I would probably pay for the auto updates as long as it isn’t $100 or something.

1 Like

When it comes to software that interferes with your workflow, the last thing you really want happening is it auto-updating. Some people still use older versions of Blender because they do not like how the new feature-set works, or something moved that they didn’t want moved. I would just recommend installing the LTS from Blender’s website directly and keeping up-to-date with some blog on Blender updates and see if you need to update or should consider updating, and what has changed and what people think of it.

Back on topic though, I understand the approach here with using UnionOperations, but it is inefficient; however, if this is all you have access to then sobeit. You could save 4 parts using this method though, instead of encasing the blue cube in 6 red cubes (totaling 7), you could instead use 3 elongated rectangles that Z-fight in the center, it would never be seen anyways. I would still really recommend using @Scottifly’s solution to this problem, but I am minimizing your UnionOperation for you.

I actually did this a lot in the past, I didn’t know people didn’t know how to do this, I believe @Dunnatello made this like four years ago in a YouTube video quickly explaining how to bevel parts.

Edit. I found the video. Also it seems he has made a plugin for doing this too, Beveler - Roblox

3 Likes

also please don’t spread misinformation, blender is free in steam, I have been using steam since 2020

2 Likes

Thank you for letting me know. That reminded me I need to file a bug report because when you change the orientation of the pivot point of a part it doesn’t actually change it. If I rotate a part it will appear to have changed the pivot orientation because the rotation symbol or whatever is rotated a bit however if I reselect the part it goes back to normal.

Nevermind I can’t make a bug report sadly. I will look for somebody who already made a bug report about it.

you can contact @Bug-Support for that, that’s how I got bug reports and feature requests

1 Like

I found the issue. There is a local and global thing with Roblox tools. If you want to switch between this then you press Ctrl + L. I found it on this topic.

that topic is like half a year old so just don’t bump that topic

I already tried it and it worked.

Strange, my friend buyed it from Steam for something like 1.00$

2 Likes

Yes Blender is the way to go, but for people who can’t access it or cant get used to the controls, this is a sufficient way of doing things.

2 Likes

For a second I thought you said $100.

1 Like