How to make foam water

Hello developers, I will be showcasing and showing how to make this water effect where any part that touches it will have foam around it! Here is what it looks like

EDIT: Turns out there is a video on this, I did not know my friend just showed me this trick so look at the solution there is the video if you want

First off, we need to use meshes, NOTE IT WILL NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS A MESH, I will be using a mesh that looks like this

You should be able to find one at any mesh pack

Scale it down and out to your liking, once you have done that stack 4 of them on top of each other as shown

Now we can start!

The bottom layer will be black with a transparency of 0.7, at the end it won’t be very noticeable.

So for the 2nd layer pick a shade of blue, I prefer darker blue, I will use dark blue in this case.
Change your transparency to 0.5 and material to neon for the clear design

Here is what I have so far.

(Forgot the black in that picture)

Now for the next layer, this one you want a lighter blue then before, I will use light blue, then set the transparency to 0.5 too with the material to neon once again, this one you want your water texture on.
I will be using the water texture from DevForHire’s pack, the id is 6126332496, just put it on all sides doesn’t really matter I just prefer it.

Now this is what I have

Now for the very important part, go to the top layer, and set the color to 248, 248, 248 (White), and the transparency to 0.15 and material is glass

This is what it looks like now

Doesn’t look good yet, now for the most important step go to the top layer and add a surface appearance

AND BOOM! You have the water with foam put any block it and it will have white foam around it!

BONUS: You can move all the pieces down together to make it smaller instead of seeing 4 layers like in my other one.

36 Likes

to let you know that, this tutorial was coming from this video.

Video Link:

18 Likes

I didn’t even know that existed tbh, thanks for crediting a friend showed me the trick!

3 Likes

lol robuilder made a video on this but still its a good tutorial if we had hundred part more realistic
@Crazedbrick1 it was robuilder intelplayz who youtubered it

2 Likes

I didn’t know he made it, my friend showed me the trick

1 Like

then he watched te video and showed you

1 Like

Yeah, sorry about that guys, at least it is in text so you can see it if you want

2 Likes

Could you please tell the MeshId for the mesh you used?

1 Like

Sure thing, here is the mesh id: 514528311

2 Likes

This tutorial isn’t quite working for me. Am I doing something wrong?

1 Like

i dont think your supposed to make it thin, I think your supposed to overlap the thick layers instead of stacking. or I think…

3 Likes

btw can ayone give me the textureid??it looks very cool

1 Like

He already told the ID.6126332496

1 Like

I have the full texture pack model here, I hope this helps.

1 Like

Maybe try using the same mesh as him. The Id is 514528311. Or if you are talking about how small the texture is increase the studspertile in the properties.

1 Like

the texture for the water must use texture not decal.
the decal you just need to place the image on length of the part
however, texture you can adjust the size and the scale of the image itself

I used a texture for the water, not a decal.

Did you use the same mesh as him?

Yeah, I used the exact same mesh ID.

And the problem is the stretching on the side, right?