How to make good quality realistic terrain

Hello :wave:

I am OfficialSpo_oky, I am a Terrain Developer, I have been asked alot of questions on how can I make good quality Terrain on Discord, I would like to share a few tips and tricks and good methods on how you can make good quality Terrain.

Question 1 - How can I change the color of Terrain?
Follow these quick Steps -

1. Click this

2. Then change the color of the material you are using to your preferred one.

Question 2 - What is the best tool to make perfectly calculated Terrain?

I would suggest you use “Regions” It helps you make the correct size and gives you the option to delete, copy and paste.

Question 3 - Which is the best tool to make the terrain as fast as possible?

I would suggest you use “Add” use the Cube shape then you can run the cursor through the area you want to cover with Terrain, it is just like if you were painting, But it not very precise and sometimes may be very irritating as a few holes are left.

Question 4 What if I have the perfect height of Terrain but I want it to be a different material?

You can use the “Paint” tool and run it over the area you want to change the material.

For more Help you can look at the Following links

If you have more questions please reply I will make sure I reply back As soon as possible!

Thank you! :grin:

37 Likes

I don’t think this is in the right section. Support is when you ask for help, this seems like a tutorial so should probably be in #learning-resources

7 Likes

I did not see the Category.

2 Likes

I like the tutorial, but the title is a little misleading. Your not really teaching how to make realistic terrain and more giving an overview of what tools are best for certain scenarios. You should probably change the title.

12 Likes

Hey, excellent tutorial. I have been looking for ways to improve my terrain skill.

1 Like

This is a post that is on the devforums.

2 Likes