How To Make Realistic Terrain In roblox Studio

no and yes. im not self a fan of that idea but im sure i will be out numberd if you made that plugin. what i mean is you can’t control if people have a subscrption to quixel and megascans is made for unreal engine/unity not roblox engine the roblox engine is not ready for photorealistic stuff yet and it will probly never be

1 Like

@alexxk5 I don’t think you understand the Quixel Subscription, it isn’t meant for anyone engine, it’s just a library of mostly photo scanned PBR assets. It can be used anywhere.

And why would I need to control if people have a subscription or not? If someone has a Quixel Subscription, they can simply download the plugin and begin working. If someone does not have the subscription, then they don’t need to care about it.

For someone who just made a tutorial on realistic terrain, you are very pessimistic about Roblox and it’s future.

1 Like

I’d like to point out, many have already created impressive scenes using Quixel Megascans and Roblox.

4 Likes

im not pessimistic im realistic if you don’t have a quixel subscription and use quixel in other game engines you can face legal issues

Yes… But if you do have a Quixel Subscription, you are allowed to use it in Roblox.

:man_facepalming: well-------------

1 Like

this is far form realistic this is only meshes take a look at this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqHqzEGd8T4

Is that even Roblox though? It doesn’t really look like Roblox to me

here is a game i made in 2017 i know roblox has been better since 2017 but i pushed roblox to its limits https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K14Bd7MNvjo&t=29s

Of course UE4 and Unity will look better then Roblox, they’ve been in the high quality graphics game for decades. Roblox just added these features, and Roblox games already are looking a million times better. Realism has a limit. Engines can keep adding features to make their environments more immersive and faster, but eventually Roblox will reach a point where it’ll be able to look like real life simply because you can’t keep upgrading a engine forever to make it look “more realistic”, you can only go so far. While UE4 and Unity in 10 years may be creating, who knows, a real time procedural universe, Roblox may still be focusing on individual planets, and it’ll look good enough for a realistic game.

But regardless, why would you be against a Quixel Megascans to Roblox plugin?

1 Like

you don’t understand what i mean/said i actually said no and yes

2 Likes

Even if you buy a subscription you are still not allowed to use them on Roblox due to image ID theft.

4 Likes

Quixel Megascans is only free when using Unreal Engine. You can absolutely use Quixel’s assets if you have a personal or indie license. You are not allowed to redistribute the assets.

Violations of Quixel’s Terms of Use

1. Using an Unreal Engine License on Roblox
  2. Selling or Distributing Textures

Elaborating on point number two; if you give someone else the asset.

This entire post is an intellectual property right violation both for Roblox and Quixel.

1 Like

Also no point using them as Roblox textures are maxed at 2k resolution. I’d highly recommend using CC0 Textures and finding rock meshes online that are free for use or make your own.

1 Like

It’s more of a pain converting Quixel Surface Textures to Roblox Materials. Roblox’s system burns colors. So the Albedo needs to be converted to a white using material manager.

OP is promoting others to get Copyright Strikes. Even if it’s private it’s still a strike.

By uploading Quixel Megascan assets to Roblox, you are violating this rule as all Roblox decals are publicly accessible on-site:

I’ve read both Roblox and Quixel terms of use. You are in violation of Quixel’s service if you straight up upload them. You are well within license to use textures on your own models. I am not gonna take legal advice from DevFourms.

Even your post states, " So long as you’re not distributing the raw asset files or making it easy to fetch them (e.g. distributing them as raw assets inside of a zip file or something similar)."

I upload my own UV unwrapped meshes. My own albedos, my own normals, etc.

MeshIDs, ModelIDs, Audio, even Decals are NOT PUBLIC.

You would need to have access to my account to access my stuff.

This is incorrect, if someone retrieves your asset ids (which it is very easy to do since the Roblox client downloads each image asset to the file system when loading your game), they can use those assets in their experience without permission or download them.

It’s also worth noting that Quixel themselves have outright stated that such usage (on Roblox) is not allowed!