How to make simple soft bodies in roblox!

Hello roblox! Today, I will be showing you how to make a soft body in roblox! The basic premise is that the part is bouncy, elastic and jiggly. So the basics of it is that is that there are many small parts combined to make a bouncy somewhat solid block. I made a topic showcasing the soft body, and now I will show you how to make one! It’s very simple, so here it is:

Step 1:
Make eight parts in roblox studio unanchored. Make sure that they look like this:
Screenshot 2021-05-09 112821

Make sure they also have custom physical properties enabled, and change those properties to this:
Screenshot 2021-05-09 110239

Step 2:
Make ball and socket constraints connecting each part until you see this:
Screenshot 2021-05-09 113309

Step 3:
Go to the properties of each ball and socket constraint, and add limits to them.
They can be anything, just make sure they aren’t completely restrained.
Screenshot 2021-05-09 113443

Step 4:
Test it out!

I know that this tutorial isn’t very high quality, and is very short, but soft bodies have been very very hard to create and code, but I made a method to make a soft body very easily, so I think the world should know how to do it!
Other topic on this matter:

Here is a model of a soft body if you want to check it out:

www.roblox.com/library/6792044628/SoftBody-Test

Thank you for 20 likes, and nearly 60 model sales! I accidently figured out how to make this style of soft body, and I never thought so many people would like it! Thank you!

NOTE: THIS STYLE OF SOFT BODIES IS LESS LIKE REAL SOFT BODIES, THAN WHAT YOU WOULD GET FROM USING SPRING CONTRAINTS, THE REASON WHY USING THIS STYLE IS USEFUL, IS THAT THIS STYLE IS SIMPLIER TO MAKE, AND HAS A LESS CHANCE OF GETTING CAUGHT ON SOMETHING, OR GLITCH OUT.

PLEASE DO NOT TAKE CREDIT FOR INVENTING THIS STYLE OF SOFT BODIES, IF YOU DISCOVERED THIS BEFORE ME, PLEASE SHOW SOME EVIDENCE THAT YOU FOUND IT BEFORE. YOU DO NOT NEED TO GIVE ME CREDIT IF YOU USE IT, BUT IT IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED!

27 Likes

Yay! Jelly! Thank you for making this.
what a king!

:crown:

2 Likes

No problem, I saw same videos on the unity engine, and how you can do so much more, so I decided to make a soft body, and It works lol. Credits for this design is appreciated, but not mandatory!

1 Like

You should try to pare this with water physics and make a blob fish model to make the most squishy fish ever!

EDIT: The soft bodies float at the top of the water and squish!

2 Likes