How to make your textures look 3D! PBR (Physics Based Rendering)

Yeah that’s a bug that’s been here for a while with the PBR textures, you can’t really fix it since Roblox didn’t add a feature where you can control certain faces. My solution currently is to cover them up.

1 Like

Yes, it would be nice if there were options with surfaceappearance like with a texture where you can stretch or tile and set the pixels per stud scaling, maybe one day they’ll add that!

1 Like

There is a bug fix: UV unwrap your mesh in blender. There are many tutorials for this, search it up. Now you’ll be able to apply your textures without stretching if you did it correctly

Omg this will help me so much! Thank you so much!

1 Like

a lot of textures ive uploaded have player textures (alpha channel?) overlayed on the thumbnails like that
its been a bug for quite a while now, but ive never had the permissions to report it

1 Like

Wow, I just found this strange method of tiling PBR in Studio referenced in another thread, then I found this YT vid which demonstrates how to use it:

I haven’t tried it yet, and I don’t know how future proof it would be to use this method but it looks awesome! It pretty much makes tiled PBR textures work the way Roblox materials do.

4 Likes

Seriously? Do you have any idea how little PBR actually impacts performance? There’s a reason why it is recommended to bake details into PBR textures.

3 Likes

That comment is very old, I have learnt from that, I am sorry.

1 Like

I didn’t check the date that you sent it, sorry for bringing it back up.

2 Likes

I am forever in your dept, wise man. Alex please mark this as a solution or somethiing

i am having a problem , i cannot see the “add image” popup , so i tried to put the manual location of the while and i get this

do i have to upload all to roblox now?

The “add image” popup only appears if the place is published! Otherwise you’ll need to publish the image as an asset id to roblox (by right clicking a decal → save to roblox) and use that id.

2 Likes