How to prevent a dos attack on my game?

So since the past week there was a exploiter that was joining my game and as soon as he joined the whole server would crash 10 seconds after (even if he was kicked). I checked my game for exploitable events, checked it for backdoors, and even added cooldown to the remote events… Nothing worked.

Earlier I was playing arsenal and shared the VIP server link with my community and the same guy joined and crashed the server under 10 seconds so I believe this is a Roblox issue

He later posted this on youtube: - YouTube

here are screenshots of what it would say when the game just got crashed and when rejoining

Unfortunately, it looks like you can’t fix it.

There are small things you can do here and there to try and limit the effect of an attack like this(such as debouncing remote events like you did, or kicking players with excessive ping), but to be quite frank, if there’s someone with enough time and enough mal-intent, they can bring your game down. That is, until roblox is able to deal with things like this. The best thing for you to do is report the specific bad actor to roblox and allow them to handle the situation, as well as securing your game as much as possible.

1 Like