Our game is being DDoSed

Some weird guys attacked our game a few hours ago, I don’t know what to do, is that a Roblox vulnerability or our bug in game code? They basically just joining and leaving makes the servers disconnect players with the following message “Check your internet connection and try again”

Is it Roblox fault or something wrong with our game code?

Here is the screenshot they sent to me:

5 Likes

They are using a botnet to take down your game. Unfortunately, there is pretty much nothing you can do.

A DDoS attack is when a botnet is used to send malicious packets to a server and its intent is to overwhelm the server and pretty much “kill it”. They can easily get the server IP address with external software or by using a keybind in-game which I won’t be disclosing.

I suggest you read these posts below:

What these people are doing is illegal and if you have any information on them, I suggest you report it to ROBLOX so action can be taken against them.

5 Likes

Hello. Thanks for your response, so I just need to wait until they will get bored and stop doing that? I just don’t know man, our players are really disappointed about that…

1 Like

Try ban any alt accounts they have to prevent them getting the server IP address. Other than that, all you can do is wait until they are bored.

1 Like

To add on this, you can also add a age requirement so for like an example, you’re account must have 3 days into roblox.

3 Likes

Ok, anyways, thanks for you help

2 Likes

But what if they are using a huge data base of old accounts?

then dont allow them to be old characters

What you can do, is try track their age of their alts. As use a webhook to discord and everytime a players join. Record their name and age.

1 Like

I know this answer may not be satisfying but there is virtually nothing YOU can do about it.

The same has been happening to a few other creators, see:
(Sorry if these posts are outdated, I just did a quick google search; couldn’t find the ones I found before)

Roblox said[citation needed] that they would do something about the DDOS attacks but it’s been a few years and still nothing.

There are a few things Roblox can do, but at the moment it seems like they haven’t been doing much about it. They recently[citation needed] blocked VPNs so maybe that’s an indicator that they’re working on something.

The old solution was to join players on an Amsterdam proxy to create the server in The Netherlands such that they would receive the anti-DDOS protections of Netherland ISPs due to Dutch law, but now Roblox randomizes the region so it doesn’t work. [MASSIVE citation needed here]

3 Likes

They definitely need to do something about it because it seems like its becoming a more widespread thing than before. I’m also suspecting that certain groups might have made waves in their tools’ features, as I did find it quite weird but I got completely booted offline from my internet for about a minute the other day right as a server I was on got DDoS’ed. Could be a really lucky coincidence as the main question of, how did they get my IP when they can’t access that data comes to question, but it would be a very very lucky coincidence.

[EDIT: Just want to clarify that all devices on my network ceased to connect at all, not just my PC]

3 Likes

Could be a coincidence, could be they got your IP some other way, could be that somehow they got the server to spam all players resulting in your ISP temporarily throttling your connection.

If its either of the latter, its a scary concept to think about if they’ve actually made waves in developing that kind of software.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.