How to prevent being scammed from other developers

We all have that time where we pay a developer 10,000 robux to get started on your project, but all the sudden, you’re in friended and blocked. You just got scammed my guy.

Don’t worry! I’m here to help you how to prevent from being scammed from other developer.

1. Previewing their work
    Now yes, everybody wants to see a developers work before they get started, now beware there are some smart developers who add buttons that secretly take your Robux once you click something like play, or resume. NEVER CLICK THESE BUTTONS.

Pay attention to everything they made, try and see if you recognize anything that looks stolen or a free model.

1. Investigate the Developer.

During this part, try and secretly test them or ask them questions like “how long have you been building or scripting?” and once they give you a response, go to their profile and check their join date. Let’s just say they have scripted for 2-3 years, if their join date says “5 months” then boom, you found out right on the spot.

1. Check the developers friends list

Now yes, it is possible that they made alt accounts and added it to their friends list to make it more real, investigate these profiles or friends and see when they joined and the avatars will show the answer. If all the avatars have free items, then you know for sure they are fake friends.

1. Check their group if possible.

Sometimes a developer will have a group and may look dodgy, a way to find out if the group wall posts are just on alts is looking at their avatars like I said. If it’s all random usernames or all free item accounts, then you know the answer.

I hope you learned how to prevent from being scammed in future commissions, if you have any questions, feel free to message me on the forum.

Thanks for stopping by, and thank you for your time!

13 Likes

Just don’t give the robux first. Instead split it up. Or use some sort of trusted intermediary / middleman to help y’all out

9 Likes

Can’t say I’ve ever had ten thousand robux lol

Thank you for doing this, what is the best platform to hire someone in?

If I have to pay someone 10k robux I would give him 4k before they start working and the rest after they finished.

1 Like

talent.Roblox.com should be the best website or you can use fiveer.

This is a very risky thing to do, they may just steal the 4K and move on. Always investigate before you pay half 1st

I mean
hidden devs exists for roblox too
it also has a crap ton of stuff prob higher quality then talent hub too
(google hidden devs it aint hard to find)

3 Likes

HiddenDevs is full of kids thinking people will make entire combat systems for 1K robux. I don’t know if it’s for other stuff too, but if you are a scripter/programmer, I don’t think you can find anything good between all the dumb offers.

1 Like

During this part, try and secretly test them or ask them questions like “how long have you been building or scripting?” and once they give you a response, go to their profile and check their join date. Let’s just say they have scripted for 2-3 years, if their join date says “5 months” then boom, you found out right on the spot.

This is entirely false. They could have an alternate account or an account that had gotten banned that they used before. Please don’t use their join date as a way to track people’s experience.

Also, they could use outside software. They could be coming from a whole different game engine. Lua is not just a Roblox programming software; You can even program in lua on Lua: demo.

As for building; Blender, Tinkercad, and other 3D modeling software and other building/modeling programs that may apply are not just fixed to Roblox. Yes, people might often use them for Roblox-related development, but you sure as heck can use them for other reasons.

So again, please do not say a developer’s skills or whether they’re lying about how long they have been developing for is based on their join date. A join date is just a number. Their skills are more than just a number.

3 Likes

Its not entirely false, most of the time it could actually be true that they are lying, plus most developers don’t use alt accounts as a developer account.

You have a correct point on the experience of other software’s but like Roblox skills, not other software skills.

1 Like

I always get scammed by those who are bad it and I’m too good-hearted to refuse to pay them, it sucks.

1 Like

Its gone up in quality.

(way higher)

Well defiently not for scripting/programming.

actually, pretty funny story!
scripted an entire combat system for around 400 robux!
the good old days!

1 Like

You can ask like 20/30K robux for that smh

I must admit, even if you do get scammed: Roblox’s system is so broken, they won’t even rollback your items or Robux due to lack of evidence or acknowledge there is even a bug in the trading system to spoof items in trades.

They officially don’t care.

So please, look after your items & robux that you’ve earned. Because they seem to not even bother to help you anymore: once you’ve lost them, you’ve lost them. I get you should soley be responsible, but not if it an actual bug that many players have mentioned / created mass amounts of YouTube videos about. It’s now becoming a more relevant method, and one they’ll most unlikely patch in the current state.

I lost 30K in the sake of a glitched trade → which I earnt.

2 Likes

Thats tough, even the hacked account support sucks, because I tried getting my account logmeister1 my childhood account back but they only take added verified emails and phone numbers as proof which is quite stupid, because I had actually picture and video evidence of me owning it and couldnt verify.

1 Like

Yeah it’s terrible. I got cookie logged last year and lost around 400 or even 500 dollars worth of limiteds and an extra 100 dollars worth of robux and they didn’t roll ANYTHING back EVEN with clear proof because I already rolled back 100 robux in 2017 back when I was poor (with Robux). It’s just ridiculous how they can just tell someone they aren’t gonna give back ANYTHING of the 600 dollars they lost because 4 or 5 years ago they rolled back for 100 robux. I didn’t have a clue it was one time rollback back then. I don’t think that was even a thing.

2 Likes

This same thing happened to me, except it wasn’t a cookie log, it was a free robux scam, and I sent actual picture and video evidence of proof with me owning the account, and said we couldn’t verify the email or phone number for this account.

It seems like support is ran by human NPc’s now a days.

That’s not sure. Maybe his friend just don’t have Robux. I know lot of people who don’t have any Robux.