How to reset the orientation of a part to 0,0,0 and keep the object at its current rotation?

I have this single part with orientation 0, 90, 0:

I want this orientation to be the “new” 0,0,0. (Like Blender’s “Apply”)

How?

3 Likes
  1. Go into the properties tab and find orientation

2. Change the orientation to 0, 0, 0

3. Scale the part until it looks the same as the original orientation.

1 Like

No, it was just a single example, it won’t work with complex objects.

1 Like

I don’t believe thats a thing in Roblox, I might be wrong, but I’ve never even seen a use case for something like this, so I’ve never searched for it.

2 Likes

It’s simple, my script is based on the current object orientation.
For example, Orientation.Y = 0 is pointing to right, if 180 is pointing to left, and so on…
But sometimes I have a huge job drawing an object and then I realize that the orientation was wrong. So there’s nothing to do?

Hmm, I’ve never needed to figure out something like that so I’m not sure.

You can’t do this. Roblox does not give any support for these kinds of issues. The best you can do is to re-export your mesh (if you’re using one).

1 Like

You’ve probably resolved this by now, but you can use PivotOffsetOrientation to do this. Set up your model or object in an orientation you wish to be 0,0,0. You simply add or subtract x,y and z values using the PivotOffsetOrientation property to achieve an apparent orientation of 0,0,0. You model will be oriented to the x,y and z axis

2 Likes

My only solution, for now, is to modify the orientation in Blender and re-import.

I don’t know if you understood the situation:

1. I import a MeshPart from Blender
  2. Roblox puts it as Orientation 0,0,0
  3. But it’s not in the final orientation it should be inside Roblox, so I rotate inside Roblox, for example, 0,90,0
  4. This then must be my ‘new’ orientation 0,0,0. But I can’t reset this and keep the object unmoved.

Your suggestion doesn’t work.

I already have a Studio Feature request for this topic:

1 Like

Has roblox added this feature yet? I have a shark mesh that I got from the toolbox, I need to rotate a mesh, so I can’t use the union workaround.

1 Like