How to revert to old studio script colour theme

Hello,
Just restarted studio. Same thing as ever. I set the colour scheme to “Default” and it’s still the new one

Do you have a plugin that can maybe change this ?

There is probably another setting messed up, reset everything to default then change that value, if that doesn’t work, consider contacting support or posting in #platform-feedback:studio-bugs

Hello,
I can’t post in platform feedback.
The wait is FAR too long when contacting developer engagement (2-4 weeks)
Can you send me your colour scheme and maybe I can copy off of that?

https://gyazo.com/576a091b595a8ddec9f6dfa5dd568960 Here is the default for Light Theme

Simply go into the

• Studio Settings > Reset Settings
2 Likes

Do you have the default for dark theme?

Yep, here you go… I personally prefer dark theme. https://gyazo.com/693c7fa175b82fd77b93739f925518e2

1 Like

I changed the theme to Default in my studio, and it is the old one. I don’t know what you are talking about. Either your studio is messed up and its core files changed, or something else, I suggest reinstalling.

There is no way Roblox would force a new theme as default over the current one. If they add anything, they always post announcements, and for themes, if added, they will most likely add it as a separate theme and not force it over the default one, that just sounds dumb.

Hello,

I don’t even need to restart studio. it looks like the default colour scheme just got changed for me, maybe other people don’t have the update yet.

Hello,
Looks like I just have extra settings, all the above settings are the same and I have the new ones which makes it looks different

Hello,
Can anyone help me?Pease?Please?Please??

I said reinstall not restart.

Reinstall your Roblox Studio.

I tried the “Extra 1” and “Extra 2”, they are completely different from yours. There is no way Roblox has changed them, because yours ones look really bad. Something has changed your Roblox Studio files.

And no one is talking/complaining about it except you.

Hello,
It’s not the extra themes it’s the new studio colours it’s

the new studio colours it’s the new studio colours

1 Like

Reinstall your Roblox Studio, are you reading what I am posting?

I am not reinstalling studio. I have other important settings that i forgot about.

Simply change the extra settings until you like it… ? Sorry, but that’s really all I got if you don’t want to reinstall.

You appear to have the upcoming Script Editor Beta Features enabled in studio which explains the inconsistent studio editor settings between users.

These features include semantic highlighting, essentially improving readability and customization through the use of more categorized colors. The default color preset for the new editor expands upon the old default color preset which is why they appear different.

You can either deactivate this to get the old highlighting system/themes back or keep the new system and find/create a custom theme you’ll be comfortable using. I recommend doing the latter as this feature will be rolling out to everyone at some point anyway, and of course, helps you program.

1 Like

Agreed, you should keep this on. Recently, it reset my colors, luckily I have the old light mode script editor colors saved to a notepad! I can put them here. Some things are abreviated, but they are in order from top to bottom of the colors for the script editor. You can change your colors by setting the values for the script editor colors manually. Here they are:

Background - 255,255,255
Select Color - 255,255,255
Select BG Color - 110,161,241
Operator Color - 127,127,0
Number Color - 0,127,127
String Color - 127,0,127
Comment Color - 0,127,9
Keyword Color - 0,0,127
Error Color - 255,0,0
Warning Color - 0,0,255
Find Selection Background - 255,226,167
Matching Word Background - 226,230,214