Has anyone noticed lag issues when using this model with a phone or tablet?
It seems to run in slow motion for me on mobile. The speed shown by the default vehicle seat GUI is reaching the limit, but the screen is updated very slowly. As soon as I jump out of the car the screen updating goes back to being quick(normal). I’ve tried several things to see if it made a difference and haven’t found a way to improve performance yet.
Things I’ve tried:
Lowering graphics to the lowest level didn’t help.
I tried using renderstepped,
tried a simple wait loop,
I tried using only a server script.
I tried simplifying a bit by using two motors/wheels.
I tried a custom camera.
Nothing has improved it. I know I’ve used vehicle seats before in mobile games that didn’t cause a slow motion effect, so I don’t think its the vehicleseat and camera causing it. For comparison I tried one of the Roblox example game demo white jeeps and the motion didn’t have the same slowness issues on mobile.
I’m kinda stumped and wondering if anyone else has similar results or knows what could be going on.
I think I found the cause of my issue. Apparently not all meshparts are created equal. I had swapped out the tutorial body meshpart for another which was causing more lag for mobile. I figured it out by replacing the body with a single brick part. Performance on mobile was very good. Then I put back the meshpart, slow motion again.
I set the meshpart collision to Box from Hull and that helped quite a bit, but nowhere near the performance of the simple brick part.
I checked out those threads and they are pretty good at explaining how to get the cars RPM. What i’m stuck on is like implementing that sort of system into this car rig. I’ve researched so much about car gear ratios, getting torque, transmission types, etc, but i’m just stumbled on implement it into code
I’m having trouble with using spheres instead of cylinders. I can run the script to move and resize the cylinders over the wheels but when I run it on the sphere it shrinks too much and doesn’t move. Including a picture and the code I typed into the command bar. I’m not sure how to make spheres work? Could someone please help me figure this out?
You need to play with the CylindricalConstraint settings and make the turn speed something like 2-5 to make the steering smooth. I also recommend changing with the cars mass.
Trail and after trial until you reach what you want!
You are a godsend my friend. This is amazing, thank you so much. You were so detailed in everything and the way it worked. I can now say that I can rig and script a car on my own thanks to this. Thank you so much again. Loved it.
This post is when i learnt that i could use a cylindrical constraint instead of using another part to join the spring and the prismatic constraint to the wheel with a hinge constraint. This method is so much better as the weels dont seem to glitch.