How to Stop Rig from Falling Over

I have made a custom type of rig just to test if I can make custom rigs or not and all seems well except the fact that my character can push over the rig. When I import an R6 or R15 rig from the rig importer I am not able to push over the rig, which is what I want to achieve.

What Happens

Example of Rig Importer rig not falling

1 Like

first off, this is a thing I frequently notice, is your ping ridiculously high?
for some reason players fall down if ur ping is like really high

No I have ethernet and my internet is above average I’d say, plus when real players are knocked over due to ping issues they are usually stood back up instead of staying fallen. Which in my case the rig stays fallen over instead of getting back up.

okay maybe it’s not your internet, could it be your models being too light or you being too powerful?

when I mean your models are too light, your model’s part mass is really low (like 30 ish), and therefore able to be knocked over by players/characters.

I increased the mass and it doesn’t move around as much but it still does not act as a normal rig, when the MoveTo() function is called on its humanoid it does not move.

hmm, this sounds really weird

could you show me your explorer and properties for that model? I wanna see the mass and where everything is placed

Here is the model with all of its parts, welds, and motor6ds. I also reverted the mass back to default because after looking at a working r15/r6 rig the mass is default and they work perfectly as they should. Also to clear things up I don’t care if the player can push the rig, I just want the rig to be able to stand upright as if it was an actual player’s character. Which means as the rig is pushed around the rig doesn’t fall over like shown in my first video.

1 Like

hmm, these might sound like weird solutions, but bear with me

solution 1: put a “box” around the entire model, almost like a hitbox, then weld it to the humanoidrootpart

solution 2: make the toilet heavier than the head, so it basically weighs it down

from your first video, it seems like the toilet lid is heavier than the rest of the model

1 Like

you need to joint the HumanoidRootPart to Head or anything inside “skibidi” model except Humanoid. you can do this by using Rig Edit plugin: https://create.roblox.com/store/asset/1274343708/RigEdit-Lite%3Fkeyword=&pageNumber=&pagePosition=
tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOBC2pVmbsM

1 Like

I used that plugin already to make the rig. The humanodirootpart is already connected to a part.

But in the image you provided, there isn’t any part connected to HumanoidRootPart

I have no idea why this is.

For example, in studio, I can do these steps to create a model that works properly:

• Create a Model
  • Create a part parented to the model
  • Name the part HumanoidRootPart
  • Add a Humanoid to the model

And with just those steps in playtest that stands up as expected.

I would first verify that the problem is the root part by play testing, switching to server view, and seeing if the Humanoid’s .RootPart property is empty/nil.

Perhaps try deleting the humanoid and inserting another one also, maybe you have some weird properties set.

Yeah apparently it wasn’t, I just thought I remembered connecting it thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.