How to test VideoFrame in Studio! (POSSIBLY OUTDATED)

That depends on your windows “show file extension” setting.

6 Likes

Can I see an image of your studio? Or maybe more of the properties? Sorry for the questions.

1 Like

![image|690x367]
SurfaceGUI Properties

2 Likes

Has your video been fully loaded? It took me a few minutes for mine to load in. Also, for off-topic, I recommend using, 1,0,1,0 for size.

3 Likes

Its been around 20 minutes I think it should have loaded in by now

1 Like

Thanks for showing me how it’s done. I’ve heard of Roblox Studio Mod Manager, but now it’s all crystal clear. I will definitely check out VideoFrames and the potential they present to me as a developer. Thanks for the tutorial!

1 Like

Are you clicking play, run WILL NOT work with videoframes.

1 Like

I checked playing

1 Like

I mean are you using play test or are you clicking run in test, while playing is also just as important.

1 Like

I was using run, does it not work in run mode?

1 Like

you can do also Instance.new(“VideoFrame”, workspace) and then is doing that too with no download this. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I just said that run mode does NOT work.

2 Likes

Thanks for the help just got it working :smiley:

1 Like

PSA: DO NOT USE THIS! Clonetrooper stated that if you fully don’t know what you are doing, it could result in corruption of your studio files. So I repeat, do not use this unless you fully know what you are doing (I wouldn’t endorse it either way)

7 Likes

I’ve added a warning label to the title and the start of the post to indicate this, thanks.

6 Likes

It probably needed a warning at the start, so thanks!

2 Likes

I think they prioritized getting it to display on SurfaceGuis for the Bloxys. I’m sure they’ll add ScreenGui support once it’s released. My theory is that uploading videos will either be absorbently expensive for moderation costs, or a beta release to certain developers similar to how UGC was released.

3 Likes

@LargeMakesStuffSpritesheet animations, i not want to use this, as i will use, but i wonder that IF i will to use this in game (i repeat it, IF! I don‘t want to use it, it just was a example), then will this work in game or not?

1 Like

Spritesheets do work in game, VideoFrames currently do not because its not a public feature

4 Likes

Great tutorial! I have one question though. Does this only work on windows or other devices are also supported? Such as Apple’s Macs.

1 Like