How to upload a video to use it in my game?

I created this video:

I want to use it in my game, when the player can move to another level.

How can I do that?

5 Likes

I dont know if its possible, here are some workarounds

1. roblox has preset videos, you can use those
  2. create that in roblox itself
  3. Maybe make a gif of that and use it, people have made gifs in the toolbox
2 Likes

Unfortunately, Roblox did not distribute developers to be able to upload their videos at the “Video” feature yet. However, I would recommend making right now a plan to as creating the visual illustration for ParticleEmitter!

2 Likes

Already tried. But is not the same. And it’s 3D. I need a 2D to show in a GUI.

1 Like

Perhaps putting then in a ViewportFrame with a part that has the ParticleEmitter and standing in one position facing the camera might help players to see in a 2D style…

2 Likes

After hours, I got a solution to transform a sequence of transparent PNG images into a Sprite Sheet.
However, the final PNG image was 12MB and the final resolution was 9590x17720 px.
After uploading the image, I realized that Roblox simply DESTROYED THE RESOLUTION and the end result was this GARBAGE:

From what I read after that, apparently, Roblox LIMITS THE RESOLUTION of uploaded images to 1024x1024.
That’s it?
That is, I can’t send a video and I can’t have a quality animated image, even with a lot of effort…
It’s a shame…

1 Like
  1. You don’t need each frame to be too high in quality, so definitely consider decreasing size of the frames

2. You can upload multiple spreadsheets and sew them together through code. If you manually put together your existing spreadsheet, i’d suggest using an external tool to do the work for you for new spreadsheets

1 Like

It seems ParticleEmitter doesn’t work inside a Viewport:

Wrong. Images with details like this need a higher quality to be believable. You’ve seen what happens with downsampling.

It is impossible to create multiple Sprite Sheets in this case, because a single PNG image has a resolution of 1918x886. That is, a single image will already be reduced by Roblox to a maximum of 1024px.

It’s silly; we should have been given this feature by now. Oh well, I’m patient. I can live without it for another…3 years.

5 Likes

due to how roblox poorly handles 2D related stuff, your gonna have to cut it into a ton of small images for higher resolution then play the animation on all of them. which yes, is a pain but thats roblox for you.

you could maybe make a plugin to help you import it faster, although I’m not sure the limits of plugins.

Honestly, you can just make it particles, in local scripts.

It’s not some kind of tutorial or cinematic anyways.

Hope this helps :smiley:

1 Like

Piggybacking off of the above.

As suggested by one of the commenters in the above linked thread. You can use sprite sheets in combination with rParticle to get the effect you are looking for. This will probably be your best bet because roblox limits the maximum resolution of uploaded images to 1024x1024.

So if you uploaded each type of firework explosion as a sprite sheet and the used the particle emitters in rParticle to handle the rest you could create a high definition (and dynamic) 2D firework animation for your game.

2 Likes

Particle emitters do not show in Viewport frames and also don’t have bloom on brightness.

I understood once Rogerio told me, no worries.

Viewports really suck, instead of rendering scenery like the normal viewport we play on they use very bad rendering with no lighting effects at all.

[NEW UPDATE!] This year, Roblox allowed to upload video.

REQUIRMENTS :
You need to have 2,000 Robux & ID or Phone Number verified!
The video has to do -30s

Offical Post : Click Here!