How to use free textures on parts?

I am a beginner in Roblox Studio and I just got promoted to Member. While, scrolling through the developer forum I found this post : Free Texture Sites

Basically, this post contains some sites where you can get free textures to use in your game. But I can’t find any tutorial showing how to use them. What i want to know is how do you apply them to a part and if they can also be used with the terrain tool.

I hope that you can help me and sorry if it is really simple but I still don’t know a lot of stuff.

1 Like

Go to insert object there is a thing called “Texture”. Go to properties and you could customize it there.

3 Likes

Find an image you like, go to this link, https://www.roblox.com/develop?View=13 and then upload the image that you saved to your computer.

2 Likes

Also, you can adjust how many images are on the texture, So if I want 5 million on the part, size the setting up, but if I only want like 10, I could adjust the setting down. Glad to see you are starting to use textures, they are very handy at times for me.

1 Like

@Operation_Blackbird thank you so much!

@Dolphin_Worm thanks. I also found that you can add a decal but i found your way better since you can scale the size up or down like @Golddiamondyay said.

@Golddiamondyay thank you too. I totally agree with you and i think they look so much better and realistic than the default ones.