How to use LinearVelocity

How to use LinearVelocity, i think bodyvelocity was better, i quite dont understand this one, i already readed the documentation

my settings to apply force on a bodyvelocity are this

local bodyvelocity = Instance.new("BodyVelocity")
			bodyvelocity.MaxForce = Vector3.new(50000, 0, 50000)
			bodyvelocity.P = 15
			bodyvelocity.Velocity = Vector3.new(0,0,-50)
			bodyvelocity.Parent = hinge
			debris:AddItem(bodyvelocity, 0.05)			
3 Likes

Linear Velocity works like bodyvelocity but better? not sure how its better(Its better because it has more features I guess) but to make it work you need an additional which you need to add an Attachment inside the part you wanna move.

Example Usage to make it work like BVelocity:
GIF

3 Likes

Cool!!, but where do i put the attachment, if i put in on another position it will just fling, not move In Z order

If i put it like this it will just fling like that

And i want a result that moves a rect direction like this

Make sure to center the attachment if not then you wont get the expected results you want from how the part will move since it’ll be based on the attachment.

I did but it keeps acting weird

can you show an video of whats happening and maybe show the properties of the velocity

It justs flings in air ?

1 Like

show me the attachment’s position because this would happen if the position isn’t centralized

I meant the Properties on the explorer

yea its not on center

make sure its 0,0,0
Attachment’s position is relative to the parent so its automatically at center if you put the Position at 0

Good!, fixed, thanks very much

Summary

This text will be hidden

2 Likes

If you can help me on this one too please

it kind of sucks because it is unaffected by gravity and there are no individual axis to control the maxforce.